Shotgun Picture Thread

Ack, turning the gun over to load it.... hurts my eyes....

The funny thing is, that's literally the only way possible to load the real thing. The real SPAS-12 requires you to hold down a button on the side of the receiver to load it, otherwise the lifter won't budge and there's no way to get the shells into the gun. One of many reasons why it wasn't as successful as Hollywood would lead one to believe.

The main problem is that the gun weighs just shy of ten pounds. Holding it shouldered while trying to feed eight shells in gets uncomfortable pretty quickly.

And it seams just as reliable as any other shell ejecting shotgun.

Normally Maruzens lose their reliability because the pot metal extractor wears out very quickly, and Tanakas just break because they're made of tinfoil and fine china. The extractor's been replaced here, so full reliability should be entirely doable.

STILL. very nice work you've done there, getting so far wit it.

Thanks! There's still a lot of fine tuning to be done but it's getting close to completion now.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

And it seams just as reliable as any other shell ejecting shotgun.

Clearly you've never worked with one of mine!

Mag fed. The shell ejector stores gas in the grip or stock, so without either of those there's nothing to provide power.

True, but keep in mind that if you aren't opposed to some style of external gas setup, it will fit the gas M870, they have the same dimensions. Best idea I've thought of so far is to have a mini 12g CO2 rig installed in your upper handguard, or between the masterkey and the barrel. Depending on the dimensions, it could be a very simple thing to rig up with a ziptie, especially if you're after performance more than looks.

what im thinking is the gas in the uper handguard/rail or in a PEQ box. only problem is i have no experience in custom working Gas rigs. but you guys think the G&P kit WILL fit the shell ejector?

I don't have personal experience with fitting it, but CA870 metal receivers made by G&P fit the gas M870's from everything I've heard, so the masterkey receiver should fit just as well. I imagine with some cutting you could even make the masterkey fit an M1100, but that's a rather different idea which will wait until I get one myself.

AFAIR, M870 and M1100 were plenty similar 'in receiver'. Many of the M1100's have been put into M870 metal receivers. Only problem with a M1100 masterkey would be in actuating the first loading, as the charging handle would be on the right side of the assembly.

AFAIR, M870 and M1100 were plenty similar 'in receiver'. Many of the M1100's have been put into M870 metal receivers. Only problem with a M1100 masterkey would be in actuating the first loading, as the charging handle would be on the right side of the assembly.

Yeah I'm trying to decide if running no charging handle would be adequate, or if I should look into an alternate solution. I could either cut a groove for the charging handle, or I could add an M870 pump to cock the gun. Only issue with the latter is I'm not sure I'd have enough room to fully push back the bolt with the limited space on the M1100 Revision. Then its just figuring out how to mount the gas system.

Don't know about the revisions, as I have the older M1100 and M870. M1100 could be fit with the pump from M870, just use single strut (or that's ow I understood someone's post here earlier.)

I think there's a thread for the Maruzen gas shotties in Technical discussion board?

You're thinking of my post, I was the one who made that M870/M1100 hybrid. The trick is that on the Revision the pump wouldn't have enough space to move all the way back to fully open the bolt, unless I use some short of very small pump. I'd think I could make it work with the mad dog pump, but I'm not sure I want to go out and buy one until I have enough money for the whole kit.

Cheers for the video, looks amazing! Can't wait to get my TM spas-12 body, then i can start working on my own!

The external HPA looks mint, but it's hard to get them in Hong Kong, not to mention getting my Airsoft group to allow me to play with that type of rig! lol.

But maybe use those small CO2 canisters? They are easy to pick up at any local airsoft shop.

But probably get the external pump working first before thinking of switching over to CO2 canisters, not sure if i can fit one in the grip, but i guess i can always strap it to the outside or fit it on a folding stock if i can find any ktw like you have.

My plan is to acquire a trishot M1014 and try to cram an ACM M500 inside. I am capable of serious custom modification, but has anyone tried it before?

You might be better off fitting the M4s90 parts to the m500, the reason why TM only ever made SPAS and M3 shotties is that their tri-shot system is very wide, and the m870/ithica/mossberg shotguns are all too thin.

Now, see what I'd like is a G-SBB* M4s90 that does not eject shells. I've most of a design plummed out in my head but I've no skill to do it.

*Gas-Semiblowback. you use a GBB mech so that you can have a light trigger pull, and a short cycle distance and no weight on the piston so that there is no felt recoil..... because there is no point in felt recoil.

You might be better off fitting the M4s90 parts to the m500, the reason why TM only ever made SPAS and M3 shotties is that their tri-shot system is very wide, and the m870/ithica/mossberg shotguns are all too thin.

Now, see what I'd like is a G-SBB* M4s90 that does not eject shells. I've most of a design plummed out in my head but I've no skill to do it.

*Gas-Semiblowback. you use a GBB mech so that you can have a light trigger pull, and a short cycle distance and no weight on the piston so that there is no felt recoil..... because there is no point in felt recoil.

I mean you could do things the easy way and throw in a Maruzen M1100 Defender I in there; 3 shots semi-auto is pretty good, and you get blowback with essentially zero felt recoil as the bolt is super light. The only negative is that the magazines are completely unfindable and are only 18 shots to begin with.

If you can make a new magazine, and don't mind external CO2, it could easily be a very simple project.

My thoughts for modifying the magazine are to either take the internals and rig them onto a standard midcap magazine, or to convert the mag to feed from a magazine located in the mag tube, much like RenegadeCow's serbu mag.

Edited by notrabies
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...