Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

Import tax rates are a mystery in Belgium. On the customs invoice it is never stated what kind of import tax you pay for. You only know that you pay 21% VAT and office costs and advance payment costs.

But how much import tax in percentage? nope.

Since it's ITAR, MidwayUK is probably my best bet.

Here's a project I'm working on for a client:
20121219060147576.jpg

Maruzen M1100 Revision + Full Stock + G&P Mad Dog Grip + Modded Extractor + Schaap custom lifter = Oddly proportioned CQB death machine (at least theoretically!)

Currently I'm using a stick of balsa for a charging arm, and while I doubt its durability, at least its easy to work with.

The last thing I need to do is fix the slightly exploded Maruzen gas tank and get the gas line to stop kinking, but at least the gun fires without any leakage.

What's a Schaap Custom Lifter and where can I find one?

Its a shell lifter, which is responsible for moving shells from the magazine tube to the chamber, and its made by this forum's very own Schaap.

He's gotten a bit inactive from real world stuff, but if you PM him you might be able to get a hold of one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished ye olde boom-stick. This will actually be the final configuration of the piece. I'm rather proud.

mossberg-m500.JPG

Complete kitlist (front to back):
- Marushin Mossberg M500, 6mm version.
- SureFire 623FA forend.
- Advanced Technologies Inc. DeLuxe heat shield.
- GG&G Mossberg 500/590 receiver mount sling plate.
- SpeedFeed Mk I stock.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Took some better pics on my M1100 shorty, the wood kit is from a real steel polize M870, I hollowed out the stock to fit the gas tank AND the gas tanks crade unlike the wood stocked M870s that have a different, more compact frame for the tank. when I bought it the extractor was worn out, and it was missing the bolt handle, so I solved two problems at once, I had the metal tube from an RAtech AK buffer that I had taken apart, and it made a perfect fit, just some grinding to make it flush with the curved bolt cover, and Oring under the screw head to keep it from shaking out, and grinding the inside tip on the screw to shape. It also has a "custom made" +1 shell extension, which is a nut from a fake shell extension from a springer 870, underneath the original magazine cap with a secton of threaded tube on the inside they both screwed onto in the middle

the only issue right now is the damaged shell lifter, hopefully will have some shiny Schaap lifters in the mail soon...

I've got a metal barrel for it, but I prefer the ribbed barrel, now if I could get it off the plastic barrel and onto the metal one..., also plan to put a G&P 870 metal body on it, do something about the trademarks...

img0041yuf.jpg

img0043xe.jpg

img0044fnx.jpg

Edited by TnL
  • Like 2

Nice work, but I can't for the life of me figure out how the bolt mech can cycle back far enough with that new custom bolt handle on it. Am I missing something about its design that would allow enough clearance for a shell to be ejected?

Its actually placed just far forward enough that it never enters the slot meant for the original charging handle. The M110 mock bolt doesn't fully retract, it leaves a small space of it in front of the receiver.

On the shotgun, smashing work. Did the real steel pump fit without issue? I imagined that due to Maruzen shells being an unusual size, the mag tube would be an unusual size and not fit real steel foreends/pumps.

Edited by notrabies

the wood kit was modded to fit a G&P M870 already when I got it, so fitment was not a big problem though it didnt look like it had been modified heavily other than for the pump arms, which was irrelevant here, I only had to hollow out the stock

and you're right, the bolt literally JUST grazes both the front and back of the chamber at the ends of its travel, but it works beautifully as a bolt handle and extractor both

Also Notrabies I notice you have some experience with hte maruzens, did you ever do HPA? i have a tank and an air hose htat came included with a gun package I bought, but no Idea how I would rig my shotguns to use it, ive never touched an HPA tank before

Also, this guns bolt cover broke,both the arm to connect to the bolt and the arm that toggles the shell latches, but I managed to stitch it back together with some grinding, two allen keys and JBweld

Edited by TnL

AFAIK all of notrabies' shotguns are modified for external tanks, but he and I use CO2. HPA works fine too and doesn't have cooldown.

Actually, only 3 of mine are modded for an external tank, because I like to be able to play unrestricted just as much as I like having several thousand shots of gas.

If you wanted to do an external conversion, either replace or rereoute the gas line to the outside of the gun, and then make a quick disconnect for your gun, probably using some of these bits:

http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/18npt-female-disconnect-p-1248.htmlhttp://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/18npt-female-disconnect-p-1248.html

http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/18-npt-disconnect-nipple-p-1147.html

http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/18-npt-male-to-6mm-slip-fit-p-94.html

and some locktite.

You will also need 1 of whatever kind of fitting you have on the end of your HPA rig. If you can take a picture of the "to gun" end of your rig, I can help you figure out what you need.

My external conversions look like this:

461082_3404034709302_103529543_o.jpg

this is the air tank, it came with one of my M1100s, but it wasnt rigged up, do I need any other hardware? any other valve or pressure regulating devices?

how do I even use it? It also says It needed to be Hydro tested in november '12, is that a problem? maybe PMs are a better option, unless everybody wants to know

I was shooting it just now and the E clip holding the valve in the trigger box snapped in half... thats gonna be fun to find a replacement for

post-87543-0-38864400-1361076999_thumb.jpg

post-87543-0-87686500-1361077007_thumb.jpg

post-87543-0-54310900-1361077016_thumb.jpg

post-87543-0-75158000-1361077024_thumb.jpg

Edited by TnL

Well first off, you're gonna need to find a place to get your tank rehydrotested. Hydrotesting determines if the tank and valve are capable of holding pressurized air without exploding, so that's kind of important. Also, nowhere is supposed to fill a tank past its test date.

Now besides your tank, you've got a regulator and a female disconnect, which should be all you need. Just to be sure, you can lower that gauge goes down to around 100 or so right? I recommend running Maruzen shotguns between 100-120 PSI, and if you can do that, you're set.

Now gun side you're gonna need more external line:

http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/macro-micro-line-per-ft-p-109.html The size you need is 4mm inner diameter and 6mm outer diameter.

Then just build a quick disconnect with http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/18-npt-disconnect-nipple-p-1147.html, http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/18-npt-female-6mm-slip-fit-p-1107.html, and loctite and you'll be done.

Good luck finding that E clip though, that'll be the biggest pain out of all of this.

Wow thanks alot, thats very helpful, the second links dont work but I think i can make out the part from the link anyway

one other thing, how do I adjust the gauge? there seems to be nothing other than the knob on the top of it, which doesnt seem to do anything other than just unscrewing, or does the reading only change if its already pressurized?

Edited by TnL
  • 3 weeks later...