Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

A bit more bog standard than the majority I've seen here, but I'm proud to have got it sorted:

Had to, retap the gas tank for longer screws, replace the gas line, make a long broad nut to hold the extended magtube on and spend considerable time sorting the main tube spring out, and make a steel extractor. Works perfectly now flinging shells about 8 feet with barely any jams.

Best £100 I ever spent!

Excellent! Also, if you're ever looking to make some cash, I guarantee you that you can sell your services of making steel extractors, I've had a fair amount of people try to buy mine off my guns.

Edited by notrabies
  • Like 1

I'll have to bear that in mind! 

As I enjoyed sorting it so much I have just picked up a revision with 15 shells, shell catcher, and shell holder for £60, its got a snapped lifter so it'll be at least an hours work to sort :D

the lifter is THE part, everything else revolves around, I've only ever seen one repaired sucessfully

I have this repaired one I speak of on hand, as well as a second intact example, and a steel lifter custom made as well, let me know if theres anything you need

• Like 1

Cheers dude, I'll likely be asking for some advice when it arrives to be honest. I found this thread: http://www.airsoft-barracks.com/forums/topic/14752-problem-solving-guide-for-the-maruzen-m1100/ and the fix seems straight forward enough, but its always nice to have advice first hand from someone who has done it.

If I fail I reckon I'll indulge in an SLS steel Lifter off shapeways :D

Kind of a double post, but:

dnOo2ZE.jpg

Not bad for the princely sum of £60 posted!

7U8fpeL.jpg

The lifter was a bit of a pain, but once I found a sharp cutting head for my dremel and a 0.75mm drillbit life became a lot easier, not as clean as I would like it but at least it works!

Fitting the steel extractor was also a nightmare as the previous owner had attempted it before me, but had completely missed meaning that I had to fill the hole he had made before I could drill my own.

Still a real beast now which (once I've made a top rail) I can see getting a lot more use than my full length version!

Edited by Deinhardt

I have a spare M1100 foregrip around here, if you fancy getting rid of the funky looking plastic wrap-around thingy, Deinhardt?

Won't work without modification, the M1100 Revision uses the short length barrel, and the ring that attaches to the magtube would come in on the center of the fullsize M1100 grip. I recommend doing what some of my friends did and just making a cheap wood grip for it.

• Like 1

I have a spare M1100 foregrip around here, if you fancy getting rid of the funky looking plastic wrap-around thingy, Deinhardt?

That would be excellent, I fancy a bit of a modelling project to make it shorter to fit. :D

I wontder who at maruzen thought that that abomination of a grip was a good idea

I reckon they were trying to style it to be similar to the spas, but missed hugely, then slapped some rails on it. Worst of all its not even comfy to hold!

EDIT: I will also be casting myself a replacement charging handle soon(ish) as my revision is missing one, if anyone fancies one I could cast a few up!

Edited by Deinhardt
  • 2 weeks later...

oh, very cool. howed you go about putting the feed hole in the gas chamber in the center of the tube?

With a Dremel and a bit of patience I was able to widen the feed hole into an oval that reached to the center, then I used putty to fill the bottom of it to turn it into a circle centered in the tube, then I attached a feed nozzle from an AK hop-up unit and used epoxy putty to secure it in place. It's not pretty but it works. This photo also shows the extraordinarily improvised ejector system used to remove a shell that sticks to the nozzle.

100_0300_zps91c86767.jpg?t=1373581401

If you do Hero Sharks version you could glue two shells together back to back for a quicker reload. And to keep the shell from sticking inside, you could drill a small hole through the feed adapter (I make mine a separate piece) and stick a small spring in it to push the shell free from the feed tube.

If you do Hero Sharks version you could glue two shells together back to back for a quicker reload. And to keep the shell from sticking inside, you could drill a small hole through the feed adapter (I make mine a separate piece) and stick a small spring in it to push the shell free from the feed tube.

Mind linking to his version? I can't seem to find anything through Google.