Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a non working full size M1100, which I have now combined with my "in bits in a bag in the corner of shame" M1100 revision.

Might not be to everyones taste but I really like the barrel & magtube length differences, just got to add a steel extractor and slap some velcro on the side of the receiver for shells now :D

TfiTSu2.jpg

• Like 1

i have been thinking. Anybody know the dimensions of Marushin's 1887 shells and Tanaka's M870 shells? i have been thinking of converting an 1887 to use tanaka style shells (or those goblin shells)

bore out the barrel and convert it to use a firing pin. i think its doable as long as the shells cycle out of the mag tube if they are close enough in dimension.

why would you do that? change out the reliable and very powerful marushin system for unreliable, heavy, and crappy and expensive madbull style shells?

I have 2 1887s and I wouldn't change a goddamn thing, i DEFINITELY wouldn't do a downgrade like that

oh and just so you know, the 1887 is 16 gauge (ish) its supposed to be 12 IRL, the madbull shells are true 12 gauge

Edited by TnL

I plink with them lots, never gets boring shattering liquor bottles on a fence post

i rarely take them to a game because i only have 13 shells, and i dont want to risk breaking them or losing them when I have my maruzen M870s with 80 shells that are much easier on the wallet, but functionally the 1887 is better than the maruzens m870 IMO, and if I got a big bag of shells for it and found an easier way to quickly change the FPS rather than plugging the valve with *suitcase* to play CQB, and then chipping it out again when I want to break beer bottles, i would probably game it more

yeah, its just called Riddick. came out in theaters in the US on friday. takes place after the last movie but it returns to an experience similar to pitch black. so, instead of planet hopping and shtuff, it takes place on one planet. its got a lot of odd one liners, more so than other vin diesel or even riddick movies, but its good fun. one thing it does have though is less sci-fi-ish guns. most of the guns are modified very little except Batista's AK.

I plink with them lots, never gets boring shattering liquor bottles on a fence post

i rarely take them to a game because i only have 13 shells, and i dont want to risk breaking them or losing them when I have my maruzen M870s with 80 shells that are much easier on the wallet, but functionally the 1887 is better than the maruzens m870 IMO, and if I got a big bag of shells for it and found an easier way to quickly change the FPS rather than plugging the valve with *suitcase* to play CQB, and then chipping it out again when I want to break beer bottles, i would probably game it more

Speaking of the Maruzen M870's, apparently there's a GBBR hammer spring that can be fit into them with only a bit of modification, and doing so boosts the fps into the mid 300's. I'm gonna be installing one for a client, but I will update with a guide and results if its doable.