Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

Is that Plastic like the marushin or full metal? I may have to get one, I miss my old marushin T2

Aluminum externals, gas reservoir, and hammer spur assembly, plastic lifter. The aluminum is decent quality but where it's tapped for screws it strips easily, so gotta be careful with it.

I'd be cautious, if you want it just to have it or as a display piece then go for it, but in stock form it's a real pain to load due to some questionable design decisions so is basically unusable as a skirmish piece without modifications, and that's leaving aside that the shells aren't sold anywhere. I've put a bunch of work into making this gun skirmishable and still am looking at manufacturing shells from scratch so unless you're willing to put that kind of investment into it, probably not worth it.

Looks great, even if it isn't skirmishable. How are the shells constructed? Similar to Maruzen shells in diameter/length?

A few millimeters shorter and slightly smaller diameter, enough that the Maruzen shells won't chamber or feed. Converting it to use Maruzen shells was my game plan when I got it but it's just not doable. However, the shells are exactly the same diameter as 20ga hulls, so as soon as the resources arrive in the mail I'll be using empty hulls, 5/8" ABS tubing, and an assortment of washers to build my own shells, and if that works then it will definitely be as skirmishable as any GBB pistol or rifle.

I don't know why they designed the shells to only hold 3 BBs at most

At least it still holds three. Currently manufactured 1887s by Marushin now only hold one bb per shell for who knows what reason.

Also, why does that only seem to be marketed in the US?!? Marushins are getting painfully expensive now.

Edited by renegadecow

At least it still holds three. Currently manufactured 1887s by Marushin now only hold one bb per shell for who knows what reason.

Also, why does that only seem to be marketed in the US?!? Marushins are getting painfully expensive now.

Apparently JP Airsoft has it. Never used the site so can't vouch for it, but it's a bit closer to your part of the globe.

Nice find, thanks! Also, a proper review would be greatly appreciated if you can spare the time. Documenting the modifications you did in more detail would be invaluable to anyone else interested in having this more than just as a display piece.

Honestly I didn't think anyone would be interested, but since it seems people are curious I just posted a thread over in the Gas Rifle Review section. Let me know if there's anything else you want to know about the gun.

My best buy ever. Have it for over 3 years, very trustworthy back-up if all the expensive stuff fails. Started out as a standard DE shotty, but I got fed up with the length and started cutting it. "Attached" a flashlight to it. Looks like , but kicks asses in CQB environments.

1_zpsfru4g4g3.jpg

2_zpsmuvxfnou.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got a Hwa San. Shame the shells are so terrible, right?

lakdMGJ.jpg?1

But wait, what are these?

z6FYKea.jpg?1

Bam! Took all of thirty seconds to convert it to the Goblins. Now I have a proper double barrel firing the very-well-designed Goblin shells but looking and feeling way better than the tiny plastic fantastic Goblin Deuces. Very happy with this.

Sz6EG4M.jpg

Lastly the HS next to my Maruzen M1100 w/ new folding stock.

htNvdFG.jpg?1

• Like 4