Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

I thought spring loaded firing pins were a huge no-no in the UK?

It's to do with being able to strike a real primer and detonate it. The spring firing pins on this gun are to return the pins to the rearward position so it's got nothing to do with striking the primers (Actually it's a safety mechanism to STOP it from touching the primers.)

However the falling hammers ARE still potentially capable of striking a real primer.... not that it's hard to strike a primer, you just need a nail or pin with a gentle tap.

[edit- 3 pony avatars in a row, go bronies (\ /) ]

Edited by ED-SKaR
  • 1 month later...

There was a french site that was selling the whole selection I think. It's in the news pages somewhere I think.

Right here:

http://www.airsoft-entrepot.fr/catalogsearch/result/?q=CYMA+CM35

Although most of them seem to be out of stock.

There is a portuguese site that has one or two models, but it's the plastic versions. And for a plastic tri-shot I already am served...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Airsoft 3Gunning (is that a word?) became more popular in HK, but seems no suitable/reliable enough shotgun platform to use on when it started.

On 5th July there was a match, when I signed up around June I didn't even have a shotgun, which described by match rule, a shotgun-ish airsoft gun able to show chamber, where BBs enter the barrel, leaving me only a few choices.

For romance I would jump for Maruzen M1100, semi-auto, long mag tube, hell yeah! But no gun, no parts, no supplies, no-go :(.

For supply-wise one should go APS CAM870, lots of factory parts, including extra long mag tubes, making it race-ready.
But I have some personal issue with it, I got one for FREE, but the reason I got it for free is the issue itself.

This left me PPS, yay! CHEAP Tanaka clone(?) :P, in fact that was a NIGHTMARE.

Enough BS, here comes the pics: (These pics are post-match, another batch of works has been applied.)

Whole gun, the place I go practice gave out 3GN stickers, cool.
870_01_zpszxcib4lk.jpg

More stickers, some even not shooting-related :P
870_02_zpsppzxjeio.jpg

Optic fiber sight, I was surprised that it is plastic and it just snaps on the barrel.

Mag tube from G&P, made for TM but (another) surprisingly it fits, went to hardware store for longer spring, 3M CF sticker for looks.
870_03_zpsabeqk6ze.jpg

Glows nicely
870_04_zps75k5bf1j.jpg

In fact the gun is horrible for reliability, jams so much to a level that disassembly was required to clear jam.

Plastic shells cause jams even worse, and slam-fire very easily, instant DQ in a match, arghhh. (Good for photo ops though) I use aluminum shells for actual shooting, CO2 powered for matches to prevent slam-fire, "red gas" for practice.

Feeding mechanism needs much work to be usable, and I consider firing group not usable OOTB, steel hammer&sear installed before even firing first shot. Milled receiver for easier loading (I've got 6+1 after adding tube, but some stages require 7-9 shots) and clearing jams. Beveled edges was milled after the match, I didn't got much time to mod and practice before.

870_05_zpsmhlfzv3j.jpg

Another view.
870_06_zps5nbrtyfm.jpg

Lifter pushed inside, note not much material left after milling, also my mod causing original follower pops out, made new one from POM rod, purple paint for easier ID but already worn out.
870_07_zpsf2xiuqbd.jpg

TWINS load, I was holding camera with my right hand, I'm rightie and usually TWINS load with right hand, didn't practice TWINS-Quad load, RS caddies are expensive!
870_08_zpse7fvxd3z.jpg

This much of the shell is visible from the side, I also lowered lifter for easier jam-clearing.
870_09_zpsih51okcj.jpg

• Like 4

That's awesome Kato.  Shame the PPS is so low quality, but I love seeing this sort of work done on a gun and it's a rare thing in airsoft, so to my eye your pictures and the whole mindset and experience/reasoning behind what you're showing is all just fantastic.

A quality, reliable semi-auto 12G that takes lots of RS parts with good availability of equally high quality shells is certainly something I dream of seeing on the market one day.

That's awesome Kato.  Shame the PPS is so low quality, but I love seeing this sort of work done on a gun and it's a rare thing in airsoft, so to my eye your pictures and the whole mindset and experience/reasoning behind what you're showing is all just fantastic.

A quality, reliable semi-auto 12G that takes lots of RS parts with good availability of equally high quality shells is certainly something I dream of seeing on the market one day.

Thx bro, as a shooter I consider modding things is part of the fun. For the mind part, some say be adept with both the pen and the sword, also applies.

BTW, if such a gun exists I would happily trade my kidney for that :P for now I can settle with M1100 if I can find one.

Inertia from operating the gun, plus the weight of the valve itself, causing enough momentum to release the gas. Dropping a "hot" shell on the ground also fires. My workaround was purple shells exclusively, co2 powered for stronger valve resistance, interestingly due to the design of the purple shells (madbull clone) much lighter hammer/sear springs have enough strength to fire. Allowing me to cock the gun more smoothly.

Btw CO2 on purple shells has its own problem, I decided not to use co2 on practice sessions. 16kg "red" gas seems a happy compromise.

for now I can settle with M1100 if I can find one.

You think a pump is unreliable?

Do people use m1100s in 3 gun (airsoft)?

I've had 2 and you couldn't rely on either when needed. One was a red wolf custom that ran on green gas. Still jammed more than I liked :(

You think a pump is unreliable?

Do people use m1100s in 3 gun (airsoft)?

I've had 2 and you couldn't rely on either when needed. One was a red wolf custom that ran on green gas. Still jammed more than I liked :(

M1100 is for cool factor :P I know they're less than ideal for reliability.

The majority of shooters in the class/division I played, use APS CAM870, seemed more reliable than when it came out (still need some mods to be reliable of coz) .

As a side note, most serious cam870 shooters don't use the dual 12g bulb charger, instead they use an adapter to mount a bigger tank, which is from aquarium store for feeding co2 to water plants, for more consistent charges and lower cost for sustained usage.

• Like 2