Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

Awesome guide man! Very cool :D

Your shell rims look terrible though man :(

Completely by accident I grabbed the worst-looking one of the shells I got with the gun (which had been heavily used), and not any of the other 10 used shells that look okay nor any of the 24 brand new ones that arrived in the mail Thursday.

The cool thing is that while the rim looks gnarly, a quick hit with sandpaper to knock out burrs makes it function perfectly.

Edited by CatgutViolin
  • Like 1

http://youtu.be/___2_KjoQec

The shot load is also similar to a shotgun. First you put in a wad (disc cut from EVA foam) then load the bbs and finally a crumpled piece of paper to keep everything in. I tried skirmishing with it last week and can get out maybe a shot a minute which isn't that bad except we play speedball CQB where games rarely stretch longer than 15min.

• Like 4

I got that as a full length but found it too unwieldy for my T. Rex arms, swapped it out with the shorty folder.

The technique is easy actually, it has to be for me to do it.

I spray all parts with normal B&Q nut brown spray paint, about two coats, nice and even.

Then using cheap as possibly black spray paint (I use poundlands auto spray), spray it onto some kitchen towel from close distance until it just starts to run, then use the towel to make long streaks of black down the stock. This makes e wood grain effect. To blend it in I gave it a good rub with some shoe polishing cloth, then kicked it about in some shingles out back to give it a nice texture and a bit of wear.

Then just use the brown to "mist" over it from a distance to help the paint blend, leave it to dry and it ends up looking like that!

Sorry if it's a bit unclear, I've been down the pub.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...