Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Got a full metal tri-shot "CM350" aka their take on the Remington 870.

It looks so dull with that standard "satin black" paint on the metalparts that i sanded down the paint and gave it a custom blueing and a old G&P top folder stock to go with it.

Also switched the long mag tube to a short one, GTA3/Max Payne 2 style ;)

image.jpg

Before (bottom) after (top).

image2.jpg

And next to my old TM Spas12 :)

image3.jpg

Edited by GRIM!
  • Like 3

Yeah me too. Was thinking to try mod some real steel wood. Im sure the stock will be no problem, but handguard will need some heavy modding.

Heres a WIP im doing just for fun. Have aplied more layers of stain since the pic and are waiting for it to dry as we speak. So its darker than on this picture.

14690884_10155457872034546_7011285573649

Edited by GRIM!
  • Like 5

Got a full metal tri-shot "CM350" aka their take on the Remington 870.

It looks so dull with that standard "satin black" paint on the metalparts that i sanded down the paint and gave it a custom blueing and a old G&P top folder stock to go with it.

Also switched the long mag tube to a short one, GTA3/Max Payne 2 style ;)

Before (bottom) after (top).

And next to my old TM Spas12 :)

Looks really neat! How did you do the blueing?

Thanks!

First i removed all the black paint. Then used blueing liquid, i have a German made namned "Schnell Brünierung", but any will do as long as its for steel.

It needs about five even layers that i stroke with cotton etc to get a dark even shade. Then some matte varnish for protection.

Heres how the wood effekt finally turned out.

image.jpg

image2_1.jpg

• Like 6

Grim can you post up your entire collection?? Any progress on your Uzi? 

Ill see if i can take one tomorow. I live in a small apparment at the moment so they are all just stashed in a stolen shopping tollie haha, waiting to be hung on a wall once i have the space again.

The Uzi is fully working GBBR with 80% real steel parts. Its still only with a standard KWC c02 mag tho. Have not got time to mod a real 32 round mag.

Been too busy with too many projects haha. I just got a full time job, so expect ALOT more real parts custom builds in the future ;)

But current active projects is:

Real steel M16A1 GBBR: 98% complete

Real steel M16A1 Carbine 80% complete

Zastava M70AB2 (only have all the real parts, all matching serial numbers since i made it a parts kit from a real rifle my self ;) )

Future planned real parts builds, once i get my full time pay:

PSL

RPK

CZ Scorpion

Mac10

Tec9 (allready have the GBBR)

M60 (Allready have the Inokatsu full steel version)

SKS

Hardballer from Terminator with original laser.

All builds while i have not been on a regular job have been financed by buying and selling vintage toys such as Transformers, Action Force, Ghostbusters, He-Man etc ;) *Thug life*

How difficult was the handguard in the end? Is that proper M870 furniture?

Hehe no its the cyma black standard plastic handguard it came with, also custom painted with the wood effect, thanks tho! :D

Edited by GRIM!
  • Like 2

The KSG shell swapping is a bit fiddly and swapping the gas tank is a bit of a pain but in saying that it's fun to shoot. I never bothered with slam firing so I don't miss it. 

Overall I like it as much as the breachers. There is a lack of accessories for the KSG because is not been long released so I've made a Kydex check piece and working on 3D printed ver3 shell holder. right now it has 6 slots but I'll probably release it for free with a 2, 4 and 6 slot version when I'm finished. Another thing that could be made is a single shell holder for the base of the pistol grip as the grip is hollow.

You get about 7 shells worth of BB's from 1 complete gas charge and it's good out to 30-35 meters completely stock. I imagine adding 3 tightbores and tinkering with the internals should see that range and accuracy increase but since I'll be using it for CQB the range isn't really a problem.

• 1 month later...