Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

I said wooden stock, not new Stark :P

I tried ! But do you not realize how hard it is to carve a bespoke shotgun stock when all you have too hand is a teaspoon and nail clippers ! But as to the single shot ‘Up-grade’ I have been in contact with ‘BB gunz’s is bestest’ (an amazing online seller that caters to the more discerning Airsoft buyers needs) and they said they’d be more than happy to advise me on how to really make my TM KSG wicked ! :-)
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just picked up an APS SAI CAM870. Are there any side saddles that will work without any modifications that will fit both the shells and onto the gun?

If not, are there certain saddles you’d recommend? I’m not a gun tech so not the greatest at mods, and considering how much this gun was, I don’t wanna do anything that will damage it lol.

Thanks!

No, there is not.

I have this, and would recommend it. Very nice, decent price and perfect retention fit for the shells.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/speedloaders-accessories/shotgun-shell-holders/sureshell-polymer-carrier-rem-870-1100-11-87-12ga-6-rd-sku100022971-84616-191719.aspx?sku=100-022-971

MESA Tactical, Sureshell Polymer Carrier

All you have to do is get the APS scope screws and enlarge one of the screws holes a little bit on the shell catcher to make it fit.

Post about me getting it here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/213358-aps-cam870-impressions/?p=2776828

Also see here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/213358-aps-cam870-impressions/?p=2778184

And I would advice you read the entire thread if you haven't already: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/213358-aps-cam870-impressions/

Edited by NonEx

Received my SAI CAM870 today and turns out it was the MKII version, despite being advertised as the MKI model by the retailer.

Are the version 1s discontinued everywhere? I’ve emailed a few retailers but haven’t any luck. Knew I should’ve picked one up when they came out. Sigh.

Yes Gen1/MKI are off the market for about a year now. Neither APS nor retailers sell them anymore AFAIK.

And as you yourself discovered even retailers that have old info about models being GEN1/MKI they are probably MKII models.

APS still sell GEN1/MKI bolts that you can use to convert it to GEN1/MKI system.

Be aware though that the aftermarket SAI GEN1/MKI bolts now have a pretty dull/bronze finish instead of gold/TiN like.

Show and talk about it in this video.

Bolt: http://www.aps-concept.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_115&product_id=725

• 3 weeks later...

couldn't bring yourself to get it hydrodipped?

Not so much - going for the Predators vibe (hope to sort a barrel extension in the near future), breathed a sigh of relief when I found out the prop was taped not hydrodipped or whatever - the former I can do myself though they did a far better job than I did - maybe I'll return to it in the future. The tape I used was a self adhesive and I didn't have loads of it either !

Edited by Skarclaw

Not so much - going for the Predators vibe (hope to sort a barrel extension in the near future), breathed a sigh of relief when I found out the prop was taped not hydrodipped or whatever - the former I can do myself though they did a far better job than I did - maybe I'll return to it in the future. The tape I used was a self adhesive and I didn't have loads of it either !

Lol, no way! I totally thought that prop was hydro dipped. That is what I thought of. Nobody likes ACU except on an AA12 because of that movie. And now that I look at it in production stills, it's pretty obvious. Edited by Horsem4n
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After kicking around the idea for the better part of three years, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Remington 870 bullpup conversion kit from Bullpup Unlimited.

Surprisingly, my APS CAM870 was almost a drop-in fit, requiring just a different stock bolt, removal of some plastic on a conversion piece, and a shim to adjust a particular angle of fitment.

qtm6P3J.jpg

It now has a 24" barrel, 8+1 capacity, and just 33" overall length (same as an M4), while adding less than a pound to the gun's weight, which is now perfectly balanced over the pistol grip.

Oh, and an Elcan, because why not. Might not be very useful, but it sure fits the look, doesn't it? I do have a C-More on the way that will be a little more practical.

Edited by CatgutViolin
  • Like 8