Shotgun Picture Thread

13 hours ago, CatgutViolin said:

After kicking around the idea for the better part of three years, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Remington 870 bullpup conversion kit from Bullpup Unlimited.

Surprisingly, my APS CAM870 was almost a drop-in fit, requiring just a different stock bolt, removal of some plastic on a conversion piece, and a shim to adjust a particular angle of fitment.

It now has a 24" barrel, 8+1 capacity, and just 33" overall length (same as an M4), while adding less than a pound to the gun's weight, which is now perfectly balanced over the pistol grip.

Oh, and an Elcan, because why not. Might not be very useful, but it sure fits the look, doesn't it? I do have a C-More on the way that will be a little more practical.

Looks fantastic, but what Elcan is that? Looks like an M145 but retro, somehow - love it!

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Looks fantastic, but what Elcan is that? Looks like an M145 but retro, somehow - love it!

2 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Looks like a C79 without the cover.

Points to hitmanNo2, it is, in fact, just a bog-standard Elcan C79 without the rubber cover. I came up with the idea when trying to make the Elcan look a little less out of place when strapped to my PKM, and it's surprising how unrecognizable the optic becomes.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's just a mock up, now a meme. To really work I'd have to cut the shells down the size of Aguila Minis which leaves them to hold 1bb. Box mag will be ditched as the magwell width itself is barely enough to fit the shell rim. Manually operated slide of course, but to make it cycle automatically I'm thinking of plugging the barrel and making the shell and chamber act as the nozzle and blow back chamber.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2019 at 3:16 AM, renegadecow said:

It's just a mock up, now a meme. To really work I'd have to cut the shells down the size of Aguila Minis which leaves them to hold 1bb. Box mag will be ditched as the magwell width itself is barely enough to fit the shell rim. Manually operated slide of course, but to make it cycle automatically I'm thinking of plugging the barrel and making the shell and chamber act as the nozzle and blow back chamber.

Or make it a single shot, but with the original magazine and blowback unit. (maybe take the feedlips off). Make an extractor and it might even eject properly. then you chuck  in another shell and hit the slidelock.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

So hey, I'm wondering if someone can help me.

I'm not sure this is the section to do it? Admins delete if need be.

So the pump cracked and gorilla glue can only do so much. Would anyone here that does custom wood stuff be interested in making me a custom wood foregrip for my CYMA 870? I'd be willing to pay and I can send you the stock one for correct dimensions and such.

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 12:15 PM, judgeman said:

So hey, I'm wondering if someone can help me.

I'm not sure this is the section to do it? Admins delete if need be.

So the pump cracked and gorilla glue can only do so much. Would anyone here that does custom wood stuff be interested in making me a custom wood foregrip for my CYMA 870? I'd be willing to pay and I can send you the stock one for correct dimensions and such.

Have you considered trying to do a wood-effect paintjob on the stock plastic pump? A couple guys at my local field have done so with impressive results. May be a bit too late now, seeing as yours has cracked. Maybe you can find an OEM replacement?

Back on topic: my recently completed TM M870, kitted out in line with a ref photo of SAS in Afghanistan.

70637999_10112286769721918_87287672623595520_o.jpg

70633251_10112286769761838_8411072766312185856_o.jpg

71138331_10112286771892568_3256681792828080128_n.jpg

• Like 3