Shotgun Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

I guess you won't need an UTG M3 because you basically have one. Yours was just spanked with a different name.

That's what I'm told, but I've also heard UTG's is a lot sturdier, with better plastic, but maybe that's just anti-Crosman jabber. Having tried the TM M3 a while ago I'm pretty happy with the Crosman's performance. Obviously when you hold it you can tell the construction is cheaper than TM's, and time will only tell how durable it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for the shotgun masses.

Anyone know what barrel type the TM shotguns, specifically the SPAS12, use?

Is it the VSR cut or the AEG cut type?

I have a plan to put full length tighter bore inner barrels in my SPAS to try to increase range and decrease that slamming noise.

Think it'll work?

Quick question for the shotgun masses.

Anyone know what barrel type the TM shotguns, specifically the SPAS12, use?

Is it the VSR cut or the AEG cut type?

I have a plan to put full length tighter bore inner barrels in my SPAS to try to increase range and decrease that slamming noise.

Think it'll work?

Neither, they are propriatory. You might be able to replace them with AEG barrels but only if you can cut the right shapes into the breach end (both harder and easyer than it sounds:P)

Horsem4n, thats retarded, why ban .12s?

Fair enough, we got a dude on our team that has cut down a barrel to fit his rifle, and then cut the slots into the off cut to make a tightbore pistol barrel from it.

I dare say he'll manage it. ;)

Other than that, how do you rate the idea?

I don't, the TM M3 is perfect OOTB and needs no modification exept the addition of shell loops.

I know.

I have a SPAS12 though.

Great as it is, it sounds like its dry firing when it isn't, which says to me its losing its air too quickly by either running out of barrel before the BBs have exited or barrels are too loose and the air is bleeding out too quick and not providing enough resistance.

I'll look into these KM barrels, they sound just the ticket. Would be nice if they were a little longer than the originals, I kinda want a little more range so I can use it as a primary in woodland.

I kinda want a little more range so I can use it as a primary in woodland.

feed it some .25's before you do anything drastic...

i sometimes ran a spas12 as a woodland primary, rather successfully too :P

as youre probably aware, shotgunning requires a different style of play. i even use a gas m500 as a primary, and we all know the range on those is about 3 feet.

seriously, try some heavier ammo. it surprised me, especially as they are low fps :)

I know.

I have a SPAS12 though.

Great as it is, it sounds like its dry firing when it isn't, which says to me its losing its air too quickly by either running out of barrel before the BBs have exited or barrels are too loose and the air is bleeding out too quick and not providing enough resistance.

I'll look into these KM barrels, they sound just the ticket. Would be nice if they were a little longer than the originals, I kinda want a little more range so I can use it as a primary in woodland.

in performance terms the spas is identican to the m3. I prefer the m3 for feal alone, just my style thats all.

To your theoury of the stock barrels beeing rubbish, balderdash, they are fine. if anything it would be some other problem inside the machine box (damaged nozzles are first on the list)

• 3 weeks later...

monm8700130834403.jpg

monm8700080849971.jpg

Tanaka M870 with Madbull shells. I got 20 of them because they just perform way better than the stock shells. Need to mod the gun a little tho, in order to cycle those shells without them getting stuck in the barrel when racking the pump forward.

• 2 weeks later...

It's still Gun Ban here in the Philippines due to the coming presidential elections (airsoft is categorized as "Special Firearms" here and covered by the ban). So I dug up my old springer and started refurbishing it.

DSC03855.jpg

^ My humble DE shotgun, repainted the barrel group using Mr.Hobby #40 German Gray, stock, pistol grip and pump painted flat black, added a sling "stud" from my M14 on the front of the magazine, took off the front and rear sight and installed a short rail on the reciever and mounted an ACM red dot sight. Still on the list is adding short rails (from a G36C) on the right side of the pump and below it. Will be mounting an ACM SureFire Scout Light and a Magpul AFG on it.

Also added a charging handle from two piston head spacers as the DE did not come with the handle ;)