Shotgun Picture Thread

BigAl: Yes, a black shotty would have been better, but I do like the different shades, and it does look extremley nice in real life. And a coat of paint on the gun itself can be done if nessesary.

whosloosin92: It's actually a Knoxx Ruberized forend for Mossberg 500/590 which has been modded to fit the airsoft shotgun. And it is indeed a beauty!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

Well, this thing is technically a shotgun, being based off the good old Saiga, though it still has a lot of the donor's looks. It's passable on first glance, closer inspection shows up the flaws. For a first attempt, and done with next to no machining skills, it's not that bad. I will revisit it at some point to iron out the aesthetics issues, and I will definitely be having another go at a multi-round chamber.

Had my three-round hop system worked like I hoped it would, then truely a shotgun it would be. Unfortunately I wasn't happy with 3 feet of range and no power whatsoever (at point blank it couldn't go through a single sheet of paper :( ).

Any way, pictures of my AEG & Saiga 12 based Shotgun (it's semi only, and damn sight better looking than redwolf's offering here):

dsc00043zl4.th.jpg

dsc00044ua1.th.jpg

dsc00045mk8.th.jpg

That is a very nive looking Saiga indeed!

Is that a real-deal handguard, or have you made that yourself?

Also: Did you try upgrading your Saiga before testfireing? I noticed that if you take, for instance, a certain Marushin M500 shotgun with a single BB in the barrel, the performance is notecably better than with 3 BB's. So adding BB's in the chaimber would require some additional force behind then in order to ensure performance.

That is a very nive looking Saiga indeed!

Is that a real-deal handguard, or have you made that yourself?

Also: Did you try upgrading your Saiga before testfireing? I noticed that if you take, for instance, a certain Marushin M500 shotgun with a single BB in the barrel, the performance is notecably better than with 3 BB's. So adding BB's in the chaimber would require some additional force behind then in order to ensure performance.

Thanks, it's a real-deal handguard, no way I could create something like that.

With the multi shot chamber, single rounds were fine, but because of one or two minor problems, anything more than that would be fired no more than a few feet, even with a spring putting out around 360fps (gearbox is doing 280, it's a stock TM). So I did the sensible thing and went back to the standard hop. Got all my bits still, so I'll probably have another crack at it when I get more room to work in.

gorgeous M1100 skipper.

and AKray, its nice to see someone make an effort with the good ole saiga.

i'm kinda surprised no one has experimented with M1100 internals yet.

Thanks.

I've considered using the M1100, but got stuck on the "extracting shell from magazine" mechanism. I have no idea if the M1100's mechanism would cope with it, or, to be honest, how the whole thing works.

• Like 1

idk about the internals of the m1100, but shortly before my m870 was nicked ( :angry: ) i took it completely apart, right down to the gas chamber. its pretty simple really, but the gas chamber, where the gas is presurized before a pin pushes the valve open, is not very strong, so an upgrade would be hard. plus its a very fidly mechanism and there is no room to make it any bigger. maybe on the m1100, because it has no pump, you could mod it with a bigger/stronger chamber, but i dont know how easy that would be. however, if you could do this there is no reasonw why it couldnt do like 350 fps with 5 bbs.

i cant remember who off hand, but somone here was telling me that they did a CO2 mod. it worked amazingly for a while, then the gas chmber exploaded, literally.

Edited by charlieboy69

well there is the slight crack on the join that I mentioned in that other thread I made a while back, where I believe I overtightened the screw a bit, I expected the crack to get larger over time but it hasn't so far so I'm ok with it at the moment. I'm going to try buying one of the cheap chinese 870 clones for £20 from airsoftscotland.com, specifically the one with the sawn-off pistol grip, and try fitting that, if it goes ok I can then at least use one of the full stock versions as a replacement when/if the stock I currently have becomes unusable and I'll have the bonus of a working 'gangsta' sawn-off grip :D (hopefully). As an aside looking at where the stock has cracked if it did crack further at that point I don't think it would affect the way the stock is held to the gun, it would still function but it could get quite fugly if the crack just got out of hand.

the shell holders are from Wolf Armouries:

green; http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...amp;id=SHSHODTT

black;http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...amp;id=SHSHBKTT

tan; http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...amp;id=SHSHTATT