Shotgun Picture Thread

I think the screw for the grip is a Gas M4 Grip stolen from WA, or a Real Steel Copy because the pictures show that there is

a lack of screw holes for the bottom plate. Which knocks out AEG...

He knows.

It could be a gbb m4 grip but in which case its just safer to say that the aforementioned stock/grip will accept RS grips, however it'd probably be better to wait for a real response from someone who owns or has reviewed one. You never know if star has once again thrown in a proprietary design.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

Anyone ever mod/build a wood stock for a TM/DE M3?

I modded an 870 pistol grip to fit today my DE today. It was extremely easy with a dremmel. The only problem I would see is that wood would be harder to shape...but definitely doable. Definitely.

As for that Star CQB stock...modding it to fit that trishot wouldnt be too difficult. The CA870 grip I modded today required removing more material than the Star would, based on the picture.

On a side note...Im building a shotgun right now. I dont want to give it away completely, but lets just say it will be one of a kind, and the very first of its kind. I should have the externals done (save the drum mag) in the next week or so, and will post some pictures.

On a side note...Im building a shotgun right now. I dont want to give it away completely, but lets just say it will be one of a kind, and the very first of its kind. I should have the externals done (save the drum mag) in the next week or so, and will post some pictures.

I got the day off and finished the externals, except its getting a heat shield. Anyways.

Well...nearing completion of the worlds very first AEG shotgun-- to my knowledge anyways. We talked about it alot in the shotgun forum, and I am pretty sure Im the first to do it.

The gun uses a V3 gearbox. It uses a Kalashnikov stock and grip, just because I happened to have a junk AK here. The mag will be an AK drum mag, which of course is large enough to hold shotgun shells, so it can retain the shotgun look.

I built the whole thing from airsoft parts and stuff from the hardware store, with nothing but a dremmel. I think it turned out great.

Now the internals are on the list-- planned 45 RPS with a 3 rnd burst MOSFET to simulate a tri-shot shotgun blast. The high ROF will make it sound more like a single shot than a burst.

On to the pictures

38007_147543208606291_100000518391183_393426_1399458_n.jpg

35964_147543095272969_100000518391183_393423_5202134_n.jpg

39771_147543408606271_100000518391183_393429_3822403_n.jpg

33532_147543575272921_100000518391183_393433_6074407_n.jpg

38603_147542815272997_100000518391183_393418_3050245_n.jpg

instead of doing the high rof burst mode, why don't you make it purposely triple feed?

also, if you can, try to use M14 magazines. IMO, i think M14 mags look pretty close to straight shotgun mags.

also, if you get one of those SAW grips for the AK, it would looks closer to the M1014 grip.

Edited by Horsem4n

instead of doing the high rof burst mode, why don't you make it purposely triple feed?

also, if you can, try to use M14 magazines. IMO, i think M14 mags look pretty close to straight shotgun mags.

also, if you get one of those SAW grips for the AK, it would looks closer to the M1014 grip.

Because then the range would suck horribly...with a simple burst, the hopup can still work properly

I thought about using an M14 as the base, and most likely will if I do another one of these. It'd be easier to mod an AK mag to look like a shotgun mag than it would be to mod the gun to use M14 mags.

SAW grip is planned :D Picked it out yesterday

I wanted to get a folding stock to help take away from the AK look, but then I'd have no place to buy my battery. I thought about a stick in the magazine tube, but it would be more complicated than its worth. The wiring would ahve to pass through where the barrel support is....and I am already worried about that area. Need to get metal on there ASAP

EDIT:

So for mags, I think I may do AK74 plum mags. I'd really prefer midcaps. If not, this huge ugly AK mag would make a nice shotgun mag

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_56_432&products_id=27988

Also, for the stock, I think I am going to get a shell holder to put on. It will cover the features of the stock that make it look like an AK, and give it a very shotgun like appearance.

Edited by ShotgunSteven

Because then the range would suck horribly...with a simple burst, the hopup can still work properly

Range sucking is why AEG shotguns don't already exist. And let me be the first to say that what you are building is not a shotgun, at all, in any way. calling burst fire a shotgun is like strapping a drum mag to a pistol and calling it a support gun.

However, there is a thread around about moding a hop unit to feed 3 BBs and have hop for all three.

Short version is that you cut a hole in the barrel 12mm further forward than the normal one, and re-locate the hop rubber to match it. useing a very high powered spring you end up with a slow rate of fire, resonable power, and a true shotgun mech.

I do, however, love the look of the AK/benelli hybrid.

Range sucking is why AEG shotguns don't already exist. And let me be the first to say that what you are building is not a shotgun, at all, in any way. calling burst fire a shotgun is like strapping a drum mag to a pistol and calling it a support gun.

However, there is a thread around about moding a hop unit to feed 3 BBs and have hop for all three.

Short version is that you cut a hole in the barrel 12mm further forward than the normal one, and re-locate the hop rubber to match it. useing a very high powered spring you end up with a slow rate of fire, resonable power, and a true shotgun mech.

I do, however, love the look of the AK/benelli hybrid.

It is a shotgun. Changing the mag of the gun and changing the function of the gun are two totally different things.

AEG shotguns do exist now, and it has range. I made it happen the way I wanted it too. Thats like saying a semi-auto shotgun that fires slugs isnt a shotgun. If I took a Maruzen M1100 and loaded one BB into each shell, would it not still be a shotgun?

Your entitled to your opinion, but it will still be the best performing and most unique airsoft shotgun that I have personally used or seen.

And thanks!

My next shotgun project is the AA-12. The gun will be a full-auto single shot like any other AEG, but will have a restricted ROF to make it a bit more realistic. Basically, an AA-12 firing slugs.

I might consider the hopup mod, but not on my current AEG shotgun. I want range. The point was to make an effective shotgun, which I think I did.

Loading slugs into a shotgun makes it not a shotgun "technically", but nobody cares about that. Just like loading those 40mm shotshells into a greanade launcher makes it not a grenade launcher.

I'm kinda OK with the whole "single BB shotgun" thing, as its almost like loading slugs, but practically* you need to put it into the sniper rifle range (400-500FPS).

*practically for skirmishing that is, I only think it terms of skirmishing :P.

It is a shotgun. Changing the mag of the gun and changing the function of the gun are two totally different things.

I think with airsoft we can be a little more lenient; either firing more than one bb simultaneously or having a shotgun shape AND some kind of shotgun-like action (shell feeding, forestock cocking) would be an acceptable definition of a shotgun. Your creation (especially if you go the burst route) is more of an assault rifle with an extra tubular magazine.

Loading slugs into a shotgun makes it not a shotgun "technically", but nobody cares about that. Just like loading those 40mm shotshells into a greanade launcher makes it not a grenade launcher.

I'm kinda OK with the whole "single BB shotgun" thing, as its almost like loading slugs, but practically* you need to put it into the sniper rifle range (400-500FPS).

Technically it is....the determining difference between a shotgun and a rifle is that a shotgun has a smooth bore barrel. So Technically, all airsoft guns are shotguns lol

As for having to be 400-500 FPS...not really. It wouldnt be different than use any other AEG on semi auto.

The AA-12 will simply be a slow ROF AEG in an AA-12 body.

The Benelli/AK still needs a name btw, if anyone has any ideas.

I think with airsoft we can be a little more lenient; either firing more than one bb simultaneously or having a shotgun shape AND some kind of shotgun-like action (shell feeding, forestock cocking) would be an acceptable definition of a shotgun. Your creation (especially if you go the burst route) is more of an assault rifle with an extra tubular magazine.

The point of my burst fire is to simulate a simultaneous tri-shot in the most skirmish effective way possible. At 45 FPS, it will sound close to enough to a single shot firing a small burst of BBs.

I want to skirmish a shotgun as effectively as an AEG, and my creation fits the role.

Its a shotgun, end of story! haha

Edited by ShotgunSteven

Technically it is....the determining difference between a shotgun and a rifle is that a shotgun has a smooth bore barrel. So Technically, all airsoft guns are shotguns

Its a shotgun, end of story! haha

Not really, a shotgun is defined by... answers in the question... shotgun, IE a gun that fires "shot" as apposed to a bullet or other arrangement. Shot is a number of spherical projectiles. Making any doublefeeding AEG a shotgun, if not by intent.

Your design is an AR/SMG, not a shotgun, end of story! :P

Edited by ED-SKaR

A weapon is not defined by what round you put through it, it's defined by what round was intended to be put through it. A M203 with 40mm shotshells is not any less of a grenade launcher than an M203 with 40mm HE shells.

Edited by Dahmer45
Your design is an AR/SMG, not a shotgun, end of story! :P

Alright, here is my made up situation that explains why its a shotgun.

There is a real steel weapon, the AK-10, a semi-automatic 10 gauge shotgun. It was designed by me.

The prototype was made, but the weapon was never fully produced.

I made and airsoft replica of the prototype.

Therefore, its a replica of a shotgun, and is an airsoft shotgun.

long story short, I made it. I get to call it a shotgun.

haha

• 2 weeks later...

Latest mod for my Benelli M3 shorty boomstick (Tokyo Marui). ATI synthetic folding stock attatched to a modded M3 pistol grip.

boomstick1.jpg

boomstick2.jpg

boomstick3.jpg

Needs a bit of minor finishing (need to cut the protruding end off the bolt which holds the stock arm to the grip) but I'm pleased with the result.

Still haven't touched the base gun in any way and still have the original vanilla grip untouched if I want to use it.

Also still have the modded Remington 870 Sport stock which still works but has developed some unsightly cracks and chips :( (I may have to get a new one and mod it again at some point).

Fixed a RIS rail to the pump (with longer bolts - no epoxy or glue involved) for vert foregrips. Also waiting on an 870 Heatshield which I believe is in the post.

At some point I want to get a DE M4 trishot and chop it quite short (approx 9" barrel/shelltube) as a sister-gun to this one - sharing the same carry case, stock mod options and accessories.

Edit: Oh and in case anyone forgot my sport stock from the old thread...

DSCF0993.jpg

Edited by p.briden

Those are some sweet shotguns. What stock did you use (hunting stock)? I have a tanaka stock that looks identical but i really dont know where and how to start cutting. all i have is a craft drill and it just dosen't cut the right way (IE 'down' into a hole)

Thanks guys :).

To be honest I'm not 100% sure what brand the hunting stock is as I bought it second hand but I believe its made for the Maruzen gas 870's as it had a compartment which I think was intended for a gas tank.

Something like this:

Linky

(though mine is the plastic 'synthetic' style one and not wood of course)

I suspect other brands would work but any 870 stock is gonna take some extensive tweaking to get onto the Benelli receiver. I have access to a Dremel with alot of different heads and used that for most of the work, which was simply a case of trial and error. I basically set about grinding away the material inside the stock to allow room for where it meets the receiver, trial-fitted it and then carried on removing more material until I got a good fit.

Its possible you could do this with hand files but the Dremel is going to be much easier.

Its not a perfect mod though, taking away the material weakens the plastic (or wood), it was fine at first but as I mentioned it now has some fairly visible cracking which looks a bit naff. If/when I do it again I have a couple ideas to approach it differently but no clue if they'll actually work.

FWIW if you manage to grind an 870 stock enough to get it seated you can attach it to the shotgun with an original TM (or DE) full stock bolt which is 33cm long (you can buy them from UNcompany). The Marui receiver is threaded for bolts of M5 designation which determines both the diameter of the bolt (5mm) and the thread type so any 33cm long M5 bolt should do the trick but I'll say right now you use a non-standard bolt at your own risk :P (yes that was a disclaimer and me waiving responsibility :D).

The whole thing would have been alot easier if I had been prepared to permanently attatch the stock to the gun but I really didn't want to do that.

Its still useable though which is the main thing. I am, however, far more pleased with how the top-folder turned out (which is odd considering how ecstatic I was when I got the sport stock working).

Edit: @rhino: I had planned on doing a guide but I have one stumbling block and that is I used a really random part I found in the garage as a stopper to prevent the stock from dropping when extended. I have no idea where it came from or what it is. I'm trying to establish what it might be so I can write it into the guide.

Edited by p.briden

Yeah that little hole was on there when I got it but it was clearly drilled by a previous owner and I'm sure it didn't come like that new.

Also I've started working on a "How to" for the folding stock but there's gonna be some gaps in it due to that mystery part :P.

Edited by p.briden