Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like how everybody slated that g36c with the red colour - not considered the fact that would work perfectly in a forest with lots of dead leaves, or a place with reddish soil ?

"ZOMG RED U FAILZ"

:rolleyes:

People did the same to me with my painted TM AK47, since I used a rust color to match dead, wet leaves. With enough tan, it works pretty well.

People did the same to me with my painted TM AK47, since I used a rust color to match dead, wet leaves.  With enough tan, it works pretty well.

i dont mind the red colour, it does look like its bits of red electrical tape stuck on though which is why i didnt like it. personally i dont mind what colour a gun is as long as its well done, and i wasn't impressed by the workmanship on it.

Souske's M4 though... now thats a well finished job

recently painted my jls scar for the first time with krylon and looks ok for a first time. but ben fighting with it recently and the smooth painted areas eg lower reciever seem to scratch so the paint kepps wearing down slowly. so just wondeing what i can do to stop this happening.

cheers ill get some pics up soon

recently painted my jls scar for the first time with krylon and looks ok for a first time. but ben fighting with it recently and the smooth painted areas eg lower reciever seem to scratch so the paint kepps wearing down slowly. so just wondeing what i can do to stop this happening.

cheers ill get some pics up soon

oooh a panted JLS Scar... piccys?

Nothing. You either use it or hang it on the wall.

its a shame really cos on most guns it makes it look battle worn but on the scar it makes it look tacky. heres what i did..

if your doing it one colour, say od or black, break it down into component parts and take all the external parts to your spraying area. or if your doing a multicolour camo job take the insides out and re-build the shell, lay em out, close together, or place your shell, on newspaper or something and use the long sweeping motion to spray all the parts and leave for 1 hour. then go back, flip them all over and repeat sweeping painting motion, again leave for an hour and repeat, give it three or four coats so that if it gets scratched it just shows the same colour underneath.

works for me. only time i had a mark on my JLS Scar was when it got hit in game at close range. there was a small chip showing the Tan underneath, but other than that it all held strong

Dont quote photos please.

BigAl, i think you have painted that gun to carefully, if the stripes are too defined then it will probably wont do the job you painted it for as well.

For less defined strips hold the can higher and shake your hand vigorously left and right as you move in the desired direction. Worked for me :)

Newest addition to my collection, the WE 1911. The pistol itself hasn't been painted, but the grips have been repainted. The black stock grips weren't doing it for me, so I slapped on my old KWC Witness .45 springer grips after repainting them.

sideanglexm6.jpg

sideangleoppqw1.jpg

slideopenyv1.jpg

Edited by Souske