Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Then as TheKurodaVagrant said i mask bits of the gun and sprayed a camo pattern with khaki, med brown and OD and bobs your mothers brother its was done.

I love being right. :D

sc0rp10n: I love the way the MP5 looks. Reminds me of the H&K factory special order desert paintjob, without the green-brown striping.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes. Well the application doesn't look too bad, maybe it's just the choice of color. Try keeping the grip black and doing the rest of the gun in a camo color. Krylon, as always, would be a good choice.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Edited by CapaciousZepher

I did use krylon. Medium brown flat and khaki tan. I don't use anything else. and, it looks so much like poo becuase I took it in the shade and my camera fudged up the color. it's a little lighter.Although I will agree that the colors would look better reversed (tan body and medium brown grips). I didn't realize it till I was done.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

It's a good try, but from the photos the paint looks blobby and uneven. To avoid this apply less paint in one go and build it up in coats leaving the paint to dry properly inbetween. Also if you apply from a greater height you get a more even coat :)

It's got nothing to do with who anyone is, it's a matter of 'if you can't do a job properly then don't do it'.

I look for quality not an amateur job, which this is, as evidenced by the overpaintng, uneven finish and gap infilling.

Edited by Tommygunn

I agree. There is however a 'knack' which some people have and some don't but, of course, a skillset can also be learnt.

However, it is plainly obvious that there are better methods to get a good finish, with plenty of advice available on here and elsewhere.

Yep, I may have been a little harsh.

The Crunchy Bunny,

Did you brush it on or spray, I predict the former? Did you key the surface and use a suitable paint?

Edited by Tommygunn

OK, normally my paintjobs don't turn out this bad but there's a story behind it. at my last skirmish as I ran it fell out of it's holster and my friend picked it up. It used to have a black slide and grips with an OD frame. So, he had it for several months and being a dumbass, he tried to get the paint off with sandpaper cause he said it was wearing off anyways. So, when I got back my mutilted handgun I resprayed it like a Kimber Desert Warrior and had to use sveeral coats so that it would cover up the snad marks.

Apparently, you haven't wandered into the magical land of proper sandpaper use. Treat yourself to a trip to the local hardware store sometime and get a variety of grits. A proper sanding (be sure to make a sanding block for the flat surfaces) will make future paintjobs not fail as hard as this one. :P

It's a good try, but from the photos the paint looks blobby and uneven. To avoid this apply less paint in one go and build it up in coats leaving the paint to dry properly inbetween. Also if you apply from a greater height you get a more even coat :)

Life = trails + errors... and hopefully some lessons taken "Been there, done that, won't do it again"

Keep cool, flaming someone to death will just demotivate him.

msx361 and some others at least give some advices and try to help him.

Did you actually read my post? It would seem not!