• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go....

81228431.jpg

81228532.jpg

81228707.jpg

I'm using the Krylon Camouflage Paint System spray cans which most of you know and are quite easy to purchase. The colors are Olive Drab, Brown, Khaki and Black.

Using the olive and brown spray cans, I'll apply random broad streaks of each color on the entire gun. Something like what you would see on a simple camouflage gun.

Go into your garden or where ever and gather a bunch of overgrown grass, weeds, plants and roots. Place a handful of whatever you gathered on the olive section of the gun and overspray it with a different color. Try to have the vegetation lie flat on the surface so that you can get a sharp masking line before you start applying the different color. Placing the weed in random angle will also give you that wild growth look. Spray lightly. You can add more paint but it's a *badgeress* if you start having runs because you applied too much paint.

Continue with this down the length of the gun. Always overspraying a different color over the base color. You can redo certain areas over again with the same method. Using the khaki in small shots makes it look like you're seeing the sun behind the grass.

When I'm satisified with the scheme, I'll lightly spray the entire gun with the brown to tie everything together. Total time is less than 1 hour.

Thanks for all your encouraging comments. Much appreciated. :D

Awesome Bruce M4!

Did you use some kind of "primer" before spray?

How is the durability of the krylon spray without a satin varnish coat?

Saludos!

No primer before painting. I like to see the wear and chip on the paint as I will use it more often. Just clean the gun to remove any dirt or oil that will prematurely damage the paint scheme.

Again, thanks for all your replies. I know I was lucky with this one on the way it turned out. It's my 5th gun that I've painted and 2 of them are going back for new paint schemes.

Nice paintwork on the M24 Hanzo.  After seeing all these beautiful sniper rifles, it makes me want to get one myself.

Be careful, though...once you buy one, you might want another.

It happened to me... ;) (One is spring, the other's gas, so I guess it's somewhat justified.)

I plan on painting an extra stock I have, desert paint scheme...I'm thinking about dusting it tan, and then going over it a little with CB...I might try the swim trunks/shorts method for the CB.

Your thoughts?

-Vic

P.S. Scope, barrel, magwell, mag, and bipod will be left black, though...would it look a little funky if I left 'em black? Or would it be alright? I also plan on using a ghillie to cover up some of the rifle, so I think I'll be ok...

Edited by Victory

walmart,any auto store..places like those..

hanzo, amazing rifle. What techniques did you use to do such a well rounded blend..which is ridiculously obvious in the first picture. Im assuming this is really the true color of the rifle.

P.S. Scope, barrel, magwell, mag, and bipod will be left black, though...would it look a little funky if I left 'em black? Or would it be alright? I also plan on using a ghillie to cover up some of the rifle, so I think I'll be ok...

I think it would look good, although it sorta ruins the point of having a camo stock with matte black parts that could stick out. i don't think it will matter though since you'll have the ghillie on.

try it first with leaving parts black. it's easier to add paint than it is to remove.