Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Paintjob on a bunch of left over parts that i had laying around. I just realized that i had enough extra parts just sitting around for me to build a complete rifle :headbutt:

This was a tester as i am not overly fond of guns that have EVERYTHING completely painted so i wanted to see what it would look like with some black accent parts. but in looking at it now it seems just a bit too...plain, so i am looking for some advice :D . please keep in mind that i live in washington where its green all year long so tan/desert will not work at all. i was thinking about dusting parts with some brown or doing some black tiger stripes but wanted to bounce some ideas with people here.

i will be whoring these pics across a couple of relevant picture threads so bear with me please :P kthnxbi!

Picture063e.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture068.jpg

sorry for lots of pics but this is a picture thread so sue me :)

Nice job on the paint, I would recommend painting the receiver as well. Most likely all that black will stick out like a sore thumb.

Also, did you drop a VSR barrel assembly inside an L96? That is indeed very interesting.

I meant move the lower (dovetail to weaver) mount forward, and then the actual unit back - That's doable, right? :unsure:

Just feel it shows a little too much bare rail at the front (a cardinal sin for M4 owners, as we all know ;))

Nice paint job, but if you're going to dummy-cord the Aimpoint, its best to dummy-cord it to the gun... ;)

Haha, yea. I normally have it tied to the carbine, but since I removed the AP for painting, I hastily slapped it on w/o tying it down to the gun. When the AP's not on anything, I wrap the chord around the AP itself.