Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a pic of my air rifles I painted up for varmit hunting. And to make it legit my AK snuck in for a pic.

PB210670.jpg

Sadly, my AK has some serious external issues going on. But it finally feeds right, so I'm cool with it (a CM031 will soon replace it.)

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny
Souske I cant decide wether to praise you, hate you or track you down and become your Krylon slave.

Another awesome job. Love the streaks of brown in there.

Is this done by laying down foliage again or masks?

Thanks!

Yeah, how'd you get those lines?

I took a sheet of paper and cut impromptu stencils out with an exacto knife. I pretty much made the stripes thin and long.

wow thats is amazing

Thanks!

Cruncy, it's a CHICOM copy of the ARMS QD 30 mm mount. I got it at my local gun show for an OK price. They also had the real deal for about $140.

Last pictures. Since I'm not going to paint the PEQ and AP...this is the only setup where the carbine would be fully painted (sans the magazine and sling).

sideanglebp5.jpg

rearangleoppft8.jpg

The release lever's really tight...so you don't have to worry about the mount flying off anytime soon. BUT, on some rails, the mount sits on there fairly loosely, so you'll get a lot of wobble. However, on my upper receiver on my M4...it's as snug as it can sit on there.

If you're going to paint your M4...you should go the whole way. Why not paint your M4 like how you did your air guns above? You mastered vegetation patterned paintjobs, so it's about time your M4 got the same treatment.

Got a new paintjob I'll be posting pictures of pretty soon.

I artificially weathered it as well. I don't get a chance to play every single weekend, but this weekend it performed very nicely. I'm going to try to get pictures in lots of different ways, so I can justify it on all of the threads (Gun, Armalite, Weathered, Painted, etc etc etc). I don't want to keep reposting ###### and the same pictures.

I hope it turns out well.

Thanks to all on this forum with their PMs and info on painting. Everyone on this forum has helped in some way. I'll post pictures in a day or two.

Cheers,

Mac

DSC01016.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

I used Krylon Saddle Brown, then dusted it with Krylon Brown. After that I lightly went back over it again with Saddle Brown, and finished it off dusting with Krylon Camo Khaki, to get rid of the shine. Took about 3 hours. I was please with the results, it goes with my multicam and the environment I play in very well.

Looking decent so far felts, im gonna do the same to my XM8 when i can be arsed, and then probably again to a BAR10 (im gonna rape it with an Ebr style slidy stock) and a Star M14 sopmod ver2 when they get off their arses and release it! Be sure to post pics when your done felts.

Looking decent so far felts, im gonna do the same to my XM8 when i can be arsed, and then probably again to a BAR10 (im gonna rape it with an Ebr style slidy stock) and a Star M14 sopmod ver2 when they get off their arses and release it! Be sure to post pics when your done felts.

dude dont worry i will be as i was ordered to paint it by big al lol but need to get dark brown and more sand dune krylon then i can finish it i can spray any more until i get them