Painted Weapons Picture Thread

good cammo work there, plus i like emblems etc

I have seen people covering their weapons in cammo webbing, netting and fake branches etc to hide the shape of the gun

if you really want to blend in the next step is to make it look like a boulder with a fake fiberglass "rock effect" bodywork that attaches to the gun so you can still see through the sight and aim it, but it looks like a big rock! then you are invincible, no one will expect a fiberglass rock to be a gun!

But I still havnt seen any bright pink guns with "eat this" written on the barrel!

thats very important as several characters in Aliens did that on their smart guns

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/Insa...82/P1010008.jpg[/img]_weasel,Sep 29 2005, 03:52 AM]

hhmhmmmm could be intersting

the only things holding me back are that i have never pianted a gun before, and i am also undecided as to whether to paint my only rifle/SMG with a camo design, bearing in mind its an MP5SD5, purely from a functional point of view.

here is a mock up psaldorn sorted me out with, and i love it

with a stock i would like to add eventually.

got any pics of your work ?

Just my trusty M16A2:

P1010009.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010003.jpg

I know you don't like Armalites, so I hope the painted weapon doesn't turn you away from Tigerstripe. The paint job has done nothing but good for me.

i think he wants more of tiger stripe cammo than jagged stripes...

Have you ever tried to paint Vietnamese Tiger Stripe onto anything? Didn't think so. It is without a doubt one of the harder patterns to put onto something. The next time you are at a surplus store, look at some real Tiger Strip. It has a faint brown pattern here, then teh stripe, and some black, all on OD green. The first Tiger Stripe(I believe it was called "Tiger Pattern back in the early '50s) that is on my M16A2 is much easier to paint and just as useful for concealing an airsoft gun. Besides, are you trying to tell me that Tiger Stripe isn't just jagged stripes in different colors?

I see where clmwrx is coming from, seeing as how M1911A2's M16 has small black stripes, whereas the tigerstripe pattern has elongated black stripes outlined/highlighted with a lighter tan.

Surely it wouldnt be hard to establish a nice base coat of OD, then add the black stripes, then outline em with a tan?

I see where clmwrx is coming from, seeing as how M1911A2's M16 has small black stripes, whereas the tigerstripe pattern has elongated black stripes outlined/highlighted with a lighter tan.

Surely it wouldnt be hard to establish a nice base coat of OD, then add the black stripes, then outline em with a tan?

It wpuldn't be a problem if it were just stripes on top of stripes. but the pattern involves 3 different shapes on OD green. The black and atn stripes have blotches of each other inside them, as well as a light tan/brown leaf/stripe looking pattern in between and next to the other stripes. It is a surprisingly complex pattern.

bdu_shirt_vietnamtiger.jpg

Also, I know my TM isn't tiger stripe. Like I stated earlier, its a pattern called Tiger pattern(?) that was the predecessor to Tiger Stripe. This is the third AEG I have painted, and am pretty good. I could Weasel by explaining my maksing process and what would be a good way to make a Tiger Stripish pattern(basically tan and black stripes on OD backgorund.) The stripes would be bigger than my TP(hehe) and closer.

Edited by M1911A2 guy
Rhino, that shotgun is incredible. Where did you find a CA870 with such a long barrel/sheel tube? Looks really good.

Bought the CA870 CQB full stock second hand off the forums. I then ordered the G&P folding metal stock and long barrel set from WGC (Thanks again Badass ;) )

Painted the shell ejection cover silver and tried painting the stock and foregrip using a few techniques with enamel spraypaint until i got the effect i was after. I'll be honest though, i was worried in case i ballsed it up.

Thankfully though, everything turned out alright.

Spray painted stock and pump grip on my CA870 custom.

gallery_37_434_30861.jpg

gallery_37_434_22697.jpg

gallery_37_434_22578.jpg

Paints used.

Plasticote Enamel spray paint (Nut Brown)

Plasticote Enamel spray paint (Tangerine)

Humbrol Modellers spray paint (matt light grey)

1 small pot of Humbrol enamel paint (brown)

1 small pot of Humbrol enamel paint (black)

• 3 weeks later...