Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must have taken guts.  I wouldn't be able to paint over that work of art.  Can you take a pic or two of the new paintjob?

eh, wasn't too bad. Too many people identified me on the field from another forum and wouldn't stop asking me goddamn questions about the gun. hahahaha.

anywho... also dug up this pic of the old paintjob:

l96break3ji.jpg

and the new truckbed liner:

omfgroflsex4yh.jpg

img26283gd8en.jpg

Those pics were to show off the texture of it. it is super grippy, and feels *fruitcage* sexy.

it looks kinda brownish there though, so, heres another pic:

typey9er6ty0hd.jpg

NICE rifle! What kind of liner did you use? Krylon? I've been looking at all the textured paint options, I just don't know what would be appropriate for a gun...I don't want my face on sandpaper, after all.

I don't know exact brand, but it was in a spray form...

just let me warn you, before i did my marpat job, i put the linder only on the grips, to have it under the paint for grip.... when i took off the marpat, the truckbed liner didn't come off... it wouldn't come off... not with gas, not with paint thinner... didn't try acitone, just gave up seeing how i was gunna paint over it with the same *beep*... but yea... just a heads up

I've got a general question for painted guns. I recently painted my temporary XM8 in an OD Green scheme, however, it looks too good to get scratched up! It has the 'ol "Flat Black" type of feel to the paint, and will definitely scratch even with nails. Do you guys advise that I put Clearcoat over it? I'm not worried about the shine of clearcoat at all, but will it look good over a flat coloured paint?