Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cut foil tape into various triangles and jaged shapes

then randomly put oer the original color, the spray painted tan, did the same thing with mroe complicated designs, then painted green

im thinking i should have used brown instead of tan, ill find out how well it works in a few weeks

thanks for the comments!

It's been a little 2 months since I camo'd the M4. I'm finally getting the wear that I want (got it through usage in skirmishes, etc). The paint from the outer-barrel has been removed, as it has been chipping at a fast rate after the first 1.5 months. It may not be as "pretty" as when it first started 2 months ago, but it still works well, and in my opinion, looks somewhat more realistic with the wear.

standardcarbine16uu.jpg

standardcarbine25ls.jpg

sopmod17od.jpg

sopmod28xh.jpg

receiverclose9hl.jpg

sopmodangle6te.jpg

that looks aweomse, the beat up mag fits it perfect. when it has some wear, it will look sweet.

ive got a question for painters out there, do you use a primer when you paint the guns? i did on mine, and when the paint scratches, instead of the cool black wear underneath or whatever, there is white primer.

You definately do not use primer if your a skirmisher or mil-simmer. When I paint my guns I do it to replicate the real world therefore I just slap it on with the bare minimum of a wipe over with a rag. If it chips, bubbles etc etc then it's all good.

Soldiers out in Iraq/Afghanistan are not artists and don't give a monkeys so I don't either.

ive got a question for painters out there, do you use a primer when you paint the guns?  i did on mine, and when the paint scratches, instead of the cool black wear underneath or whatever, there is white primer.

I do, it helps the colours fix on to the rifle better, I know in the real

world the boys dont give a sh.t about arty farty work they just spray

it on but hey this is airsoft not afganistan and if you can make the

paint job last longer well then the better, I also use 3 coats of a matt varnish

for extra protection aswell.

... there night lights ... used at night .... they will help (the look like a forest kind of terrain is the setting for these to be used hence the paintjob).

I think what he was referring to was there is no point in making a paint job "darker" for use at night time, since everything that is already just plain green at night appears way darker. So, if you just painted the lights as you would for day time, it would work better. You CAN make things "too dark" at night time. It's not going to make a big difference anyways, so don't worry about it.

Edited by BARsrule2