Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Very good first paintjob!

I returned my M4 back to black, and reblued the outer barrel, dust cover, and carry handle nobs (not pictured). All the previous camo paint were first stripped. Once that was done, I added coats of Krylon ultra flat black.

sopmodblackfull4sk.jpg

I'm still thinking of what pattern to use if I camo it again.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Systema, but paintjobs do tend to wear off after a while (even though mine wasn't too bad yet), I decided to strip the camo off as the season has changed again (with more green now). At the moment, I'm just going to keep it black, as since it has been a while since it's been black.

Tommygun, the outer barrel is only a stock TM barrel (yes, the "crappy" 1st generation barrels that come in 3 pieces). Since it came with a blue finish, I thought it could be reblued, so I bought a bottle of cold blue solution to re-blue it.

I finished the finish on the RIS rail covers and the suppressor (complete with sound insulating foam) today. This is Day 3 of the "re-finish" project of the M4 (returning it black, it was camo before). I used a dark gray primer for the suppressor color, and buffed it until it had a satin finish to it (as a opposed to an ultra flat look) for a real steel look.

m4sdfull7ax.jpg

Here is my gun I just finished the paint job 2 days ago. I really like how it turned out. Enjoy.

1sigbetaV.jpg

Mylady1.jpg

Mylady2.jpg

Mylady3.jpg

Godbless...

What type of fauna did you use to acheive that pattern? Besides common garden ferns :D

:zorro:

What type of fauna did you use to acheive that pattern? Besides common garden ferns  :D

:zorro:

All i did was start with a base layer and then went out to the garden witha flashlight and picked about 20 different kind of plants. Some worked better then others. But it turned out awesome.

All i did was start with a base layer and then went out to the garden witha flashlight and picked about 20 different kind of plants. Some worked better then others. But it turned out awesome.

Its actually quite nice for a painted weapon mate. Reminds me more of a peice of art than something to actually skirmish with!

:D

cheers

Its actually quite nice for a painted weapon mate. Reminds me more of a peice of art than something to actually skirmish with!

:D

cheers

Yeah it is a piece of art, In my eyes at least. But i think the camo should work very well where I play. I honestly have to say that painting it was almost as fun as playing with it in a game.

Alright, new updates. This is Day 4 of returning the M4 back to a professional black finish, and it may be the last day. I also re-finished the BE 870, and finished the fabrication of my precision tactical suppressor (long type). I have two masterkey systems, the Hardballer 870, and this BE 870. The BE 870 is much lighter, and easier to wield than the Hardballer.

masterkeysidefull9fe.jpg

masterkeysidefull28kj.jpg

longsuppressorfull4nd.jpg

suppressor4lf.jpg