Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first attempt at painting an Airsoft gun, I tried a Multicam(ish) job, and it came out well, but its a little too light and tan. Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed.

Im considering lightly spraying some brown and green on there to darken it down.

So, tell me what you think, and help me out to make it better!

MulticamPaintjob005.jpg

MulticamPaintjob004.jpg

I appologize for two seperate pictures, its a big gun, and my camera is... not the best.

These pictures were taken when the gun was slightly wet, and I had the flash on so its shiny because of that. I used Flat and Ultra flat paints, with a clear satin outer coating to protect the job for longer durability.

Edited by SAWGunner
Hey, someone on another board recently put up a guide from red-alliance.net on how to realisticly paint your AK furniture. Heres the guide for those that would like to read it: http://www.red-alliance.net/articles/custo.../furniture.html. I decided to give it a try with my UTG AK. I'm not finished yet, but here are some pics of it after the 2nd coat. You can really see it starting to get much darker and some of the distressing. I plan on doing one more coat with a little more distressing, then I will apply the 50/50 varnish to give it the finished look. Will post up more pics as I finish.

2ndcoat_1.jpg2ndcoat_2.jpg2ndcoat_3.jpg2ndcoat_4.jpg

That looks realy good!

Well, I finally got a chance to get some decent pictures of my camo-painted TM AK47.

100_0586-resized.jpg

I'm relatively pleased with how it turned out.

And just for kicks, here it is midway through painting: (I was tempted to keep it that way, despite the fact I live nowhere near a desert. :unsure: )

100_0494-resized.jpg

Edited for mishap with Photobucket <_<

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant