Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Why is your flashhider is upside down Scorpion? Rather glossy carbine you've got there ;)

I would have gone basecoat brown, thick black stripes and topped it with thin green stripes (basic earth, tree trunks & vegitation woodland paintjob).

Edited by Machineabuse
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha, he put the side rail where the stock RDS goes to put a scope on. I did that when fooling around with my P90, but wasn't stable enough.

I need to get one of those rails to put in there though, since my RDS stopped working =( .

• 1 month later...

For gods sake, everybody take note.

THIS is what a painted gun should look like.

None of your poncy, lovingly applied replica Marpat or Woodland, redone or touched up every time the darling gun gets dirty.

It's been painted to blend in roughly with the environment and, if the paint starts to come off, pah, so what?

That is the best looking painted gun I've ever seen. It's the only paint job I'd give any credit too.

Just a shame that the M203 isn't metal under the paint.

Bloody lovely though.

[edit]

To clarify, I have no idea if the M203 is actually metal or not. What I mean is that it'd look more gnarly if there was shiny exposed metal under the paint rather than blackness.

Edited by Hissing Sid

I couldn't agree more. I wish my gun looked like that. minus the fact that it's desert tan. I'd need an OD green-ish color. Personally, I plan to paint my M15A4 RIS with (soon) G&P M203 (or CA m203 with Metal barrel), OD Green, and hope it starts looking like that shortly. I imagine a light spraypaint coat, and a few weeks in a rifle bag should produce the effect nicely. First I have to buy an M15A4 CQB, for... well, CQB. My CQB loadout would look horrible with a green rifle. I know appearance isn't everything, but I'd rather not do that to my CQB loadout.

Aaron

<_<

Not entirely. It has actually been proven that black is not a good color in camoflauge. I'm going to start a poll in "general" to get some opinions, whether I should paint the gun, or just give it some green furnature. Such as an OD stock, OD RIS covers, OD reciever, and leave most of the gun black.

Aaron

BTW, yes, some military units paint weapons for woodland.