Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I wanted to ask if anyone could let me know how I managed make the tiger stripes on Eviliboba's G36 back on page 68. Im thinking of doing the same thing only adding some OD. All I really need to know is weather he used some sort of nozzel or ... something to make the stripes.

Edited by Ceriph
Now that's a paint job Souske.  And one of the few instances that I would give a big thumbs up for using leafy patterns.  Very well balanced aesthetically! - I hate you.    :lol:

Haha, thanks. I didn't use a leaf though, just grabbed some grass and weed and used those as the template. I probably should have used a more complex vegetation.

Haha, thanks.  I didn't use a leaf though, just grabbed some grass and weed and used those as the template.  I probably should have used a more complex vegetation.

Weed? Are you leading a double life as a south-of-the-border drug dealer with mad painting skills? lol.

Does somebody have any pics of some urban paintjobs? I want ideas

Haha, thanks.  I didn't use a leaf though, just grabbed some grass and weed and used those as the template.  I probably should have used a more complex vegetation.

How did you do it??? Did you make a stencil out of paper or something??? I found I had to tape down the vegetation to my gun which made it turn out not exactly the way I wanted it...

EDit:

Does somebody have any pics of some urban paintjobs? I want ideas

Urban???

Edited by Miker

No way dude. It looks just right the way it is. More complex vegetation may make it too busy lookin'. Love the light wear on the RIS. Is that from handling or a quick pass with some sand paper?

No way dude.  It looks just right the way it is.  More complex vegetation may make it too busy lookin'.  Love the light wear on the RIS.  Is that from handling or a quick pass with some sand paper?

Thanks. Nope, didn't sand the RIS. Just happened from use from clamping stuff on/off it.

My "Desert Warrior."

p1000580ss4.jpg

p1000581is9.jpg

p1000582rx1.jpg

I decided the Krylon Khaki on the grips matched it best (ala Kimber style).

Thanks.  Nope, didn't sand the RIS.  Just happened from use from clamping stuff on/off it.

My "Desert Warrior."

I decided the Krylon Khaki on the grips matched it best (ala Kimber style).

I mentioned you should try that when you first posted it but nooooo. Anyway. Looks better now :P