Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For gods sake, everybody take note.

THIS is what a painted gun should look like.

None of your poncy, lovingly applied replica Marpat or Woodland, redone or touched up every time the darling gun gets dirty.

It's been painted to blend in roughly with the environment and, if the paint starts to come off, pah, so what?

That is the best looking painted gun I've ever seen. It's the only paint job I'd give any credit too.

Just a shame that the M203 isn't metal under the paint.

Bloody lovely though.

[edit]

To clarify, I have no idea if the M203 is actually metal or not. What I mean is that it'd look more gnarly if there was shiny exposed metal under the paint rather than blackness.

I believe, from a couple of articles I've read, soldiers have air brush kits and spray paint for touching up their rifles. Not that they're all perfectly clean, but if the camouflage wears off, what's the point?

I honestly HATE those phony "worn" effects people put on their guns. The wear and tear on my guns are all done from the field ;) .

For gods sake, everybody take note.

THIS is what a painted gun should look like.

None of your poncy, lovingly applied replica Marpat or Woodland, redone or touched up every time the darling gun gets dirty.

It's been painted to blend in roughly with the environment and, if the paint starts to come off, pah, so what?

That is the best looking painted gun I've ever seen. It's the only paint job I'd give any credit too.

Just a shame that the M203 isn't metal under the paint.

Bloody lovely though.

[edit]

To clarify, I have no idea if the M203 is actually metal or not. What I mean is that it'd look more gnarly if there was shiny exposed metal under the paint rather than blackness.

I agree, I actually think it looks better with the paint wearing off in some places.

• 2 weeks later...

yes it is rhino.

Still needs a lot of work tho. The lighting in the picture is all wrong tho makes it all look too bright.

The rail needs a block under it as it is a fraction too low for aiming with mask and lid on but it is still a lower profile than the carry handle. A painfull desicion cutting that off it was. but it look ok for it. also need to mod the laser targeter (tucked under rail) so it can be adjusted (4 grub screws) And find some way of mounting scope for longer range target id and sniping. :)

Joy is me and my gnu .

Yes it is supposed to be dpm fairly close methinks. without being too busy.

Edited by farrasdevell