Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he used OD

OD Krylon?

I ask because there are all kinds of OD made by all kinds of manufacturers and Havoc's is a nice flat OD tone - so I was wondering if it was something exotic like a Krylon paint or something more ordinary like from Halford's for example :)

Cheers

F

OD Krylon, yep :)

Gives a nice flat tone, and it rubs off nicely on certain areas (such as in front of the trigger guard, where I rest my finger when it's off the trigger).

Take a bit of fine sandpaper to a few other raised areas like the 'ridge' around the mag release, and it looks super :)

Now I just need to wear the rail covers and AN/PEQ-II a bit :)

Yes, but the paint on that specific area seems to rub off far slower than on other parts.

Most of the wear on my guns is from use, but that raised area round the mag release had to be done by hand, or else I'd have to carry it and use it every day for a month or two in order to get the effect :P

Here is mine:

jedim4gery.jpg

Of course the camera tends to create an unreal lighting condition for it, throwing off the true color with the naked eye. This picture better represents how it looks in the field:

fieldm4gery.jpg

The balance of colors make it extremely effective in my AO, where there is a blend of grasses, scrub oak, and the like.

Tie some paracord round the front sight post, tie the other end onto your car bumper, and drive round the block a few times ;)

:lol:

I forgot but ont he other page someone has a SPC or something with a glossy paintjob ..... :waggle: Also to give a tip...for those who want a good and nice opaque paintjob....use Brownells.....simply the best best

Has anybody ever actually seen a real military gun painted for woodland?

Surely a matt black or dark grey gun is already set for a woodland environment?

Yes...

But you don't really see that many woodland soldiers these days as the most public stuff is in the sandbox right now.

Saw a few CCTs with M4s whom had an interesting tan/OD look to their gun... works well for woodland.

My M4 is a very subdued OD with brown over the top.