Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to say this dude, but i kinda don't like this paintjob :( it looks a bit to dark and for my liking, just doesn't look.... right. sorry my 2 cents, all to his own.

@ souske

ok lol, maby i am not seeing it but, i can't see what you painted ? :P please do you have a before - after style pic ? thnx :)

ow and the latest pic of the M4 does make the striped look allot les bright :D and allot better looking to :D

and the winter scheme... i loved that :D once i get my CAM15A4 rifle-rebuild-to-diemaco-c7ft, i'll spray my M4 into winter camo, just for the looks. i think winter camo'd guns are so sexy, anymore of them arround ? :D

Why, thank you.. It's actually rather easy to paint something like my guns with just spraypaints, but it's a rather time consuming job, since each coat of Krylon must dry for a couple of days berofe it's ready for recoating. I also have a wood stock(real wood, of course) for the M14, so it's usable with my Vietnam-themed loadouts also.

Why, thank you.. It's actually rather easy to paint something like my guns with just spraypaints, but it's a rather time consuming job, since each coat of Krylon must dry for a couple of days berofe it's ready for recoating. I also have a wood stock(real wood, of course) for the M14, so it's usable with my Vietnam-themed loadouts also.

I am too scared to spray my guns incase I make an absolute mess of it, did you follow a guide or did you just let the can do its thing :P

What would you reccommend me do to make sure I don't make a complete mess when spraying a gun (Thinking of spraying my CA36)

BTW the patterns on the paintjobs look great, did you use templates???

I'd say the easiest way to avoid any messing up would be to carefully plan your painting in advance. So decide what you want to paint, with what colours and what kind of colour scheme, before spraying anything. Always remember that many thin layers of paint is always better then one thick one. Good basecoating also helps and good masking of areas not to be painted is also a must. For example, when I painted the VSR, I removed the stock and barrel completely and painted them separately. It's also good to prepare the surface for painting. With the VSR, I simply slightly sanded the entire stock surface with a fine sandpaper.

So all in all, I'd say that painting is always more about preparation than applying the paint itself..=) Also, let the gun dry well between coats.

I didn't follow any guide, since I'v assembled and painted plastic airplane model kits, from maybe when I was 7 years old. I did use templates; a template I cut in cardboard(using my MARPAT-MCCUU's for reference) for the M14(Militarymorons-style) and a teflon mesh with 4-millimeter eye for the VSR.

sorry to say this dude, but i kinda don't like this paintjob :( it looks a bit to dark and for my liking, just doesn't look.... right. sorry my 2 cents, all to his own.

yeah, i need to retouch it, its not perfect.

but, as for the dark color, i painted it to match my site, and its very dark

SS, I love your M14...unlike most guns in here - it looks realistic. There are a lot of rather Gucci paintjobs in here, but your's looks like the real-world paintjobs you really see. Painted to match your environment. Looks great. Same look I went for my bro's M14. Keep it as is!

well then you are forgivven :P

i somehow would more see this in CQB. could you take a geared-up pic of you in CQB with it ?

if i had a cqb site near me, i would :)

darkwolf- Krylon ultra flat works great, although this stuff works great: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MLT5318-1498-1197.html

for the painting guide, www.optactical.com, look for the painting guide

Edited by ssddismymotto