Let's see pics of your transport/storage set-up!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donut you got it wrong theres supposed to be a 1928 Civy Thompson Type Write but I reckon since its not the right size we can go modern can't we :P

Oh and junior I gotta post a couple of mine I can fit an Mp5k in my book :P

Edited by ThompsonMuppet-uK

5.11 C.A.M.S. Bag (Carry All My Sh*t) by Viking Tactical

Was able to finally nix carrying two cases and two bags trying to haul around all of my stuff, and reduced some of the space utilized too, lol.

dsc02667361151xu9.jpg

On the outside there are five decent sized pockets (three facing, two larger sized on the side you cannot see). In the pockets I have 12 extra mags, multi tool, kill rags, extra springs for the ProWin, mini first aid kit, numerous connectors, chargers (for camera, weapon batteries, torch batteries), quite a few bags of bbs, and all kinds of other odds and ends stuff.

On the top see through compartments (map pockets) I've got the 5.11 knee pads stored for when I need them, along with all kinds of patches.

dsc02687371108lx4.jpg

Open up directly under the map pockets and there is a top compartment where I keep all the goggles, glasses, shemaghs, extra rags, and the pistol case (currently being worked on).

dsc02707380173lk6.jpg

Open up the main compartment and there is ample room for a lot of equipment. Included with the bag are two dividers to seperate the compartment to three customizable spots. In the biggest spot I have the Pantac "Weesatch," ABA body armor carrier, and drop leg holster. Along the entire inside of the main compartment there is 1" MOLLE webbing to secure unused pouches and equipment if desired.

dsc02717388946fl7.jpg

Right compartment I have two sets of BDUs stored, but nine times out of ten its an extra set of BDU's and street clothes.

dsc02727398788gu9.jpg

Left side carries an extra set of boots or shoes and/or various pouches (pictured with Pantac dump pouch and 5.11 extra large folding dump pouch) and additional chargers along with extra Blackhawk Hellstorm knee pads.

**drumroll**

dsc02737407664et2.jpg

Then zip and lift off the top and under the bag reveals the gun case. Pictured with my custom ProWin M4, and backup G&P M4. I'm awaiting / trying to find a place to get a good price on some pick and pluck foam for the gun case (as you can see I have green pieces of foam sitting on top that I put down to help keep them in place).

All of this packed into one decently sized, rolling framed case with elastic lined handles on both sides, along with various UTX clips and YKK zippers to keep everything secure.

More information about it can be found on various websites that sell the 5.11 VTAC C.A.M.S. bag.

I actually quite like the idea of a transport/storage case pics thread.

I know Candyman has some awesome setups for his custom rifles, as well as Titleist for his rifles.

-Vic

hehe

At current count I have:

-Pelican 1450 for my PVS14

-2x Pelican 1720s (1 for each of my real ARs, one is empty waiting for my SBR)

-1x Pelican 1750 for my .308 FN PBR

-1x Pelican 1490 for my Macbook Pro

I'll take a photo of my current AR's case, where I've got a P226R, 4 pistol mags, LMT MRP, 6 pmags, CR123As, and soon to have my aimpoint M2 in there as well.

Pelican's are nice, but I'm probably going to start switching over to Storm/Mobile Armory cases, as they house a padded weapon case, so you can travel with the hardcase, leave it in a hotel, and pull out the soft case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hur hur. :P

How were those done, if you don't mind me asking? Specifically the "The Affairs of Daura" one. Or were they all just purchased?

Edited by Chris North
No, they're just for show. I keep all my guns in a trough of saline water at the bottom of the garden.

How does the saline affect the guns? Get much rust?

No but really, I was curious to see if you store them in the case because I've heard that RS guns shouldn't be stored in airtight cases. Something about the foam absorbs moisture every time the case is opened and can rust out the gun in a short time. Curious to see if this a concern among airsofters storing their "toys" in Pelican cases.

How were those done, if you don't mind me asking? Specifically the "The Affairs of Daura" one. Or were they all just purchased?

"The Affairs of Daura" Case was bought off of ebay with the basic cutout. I just slightly modified it to fit the G26. The other 2 were bought from a Homegoods store by my house. They were supposed to be some kind of coffee table ornament.

No but really, I was curious to see if you store them in the case because I've heard that RS guns shouldn't be stored in airtight cases. Something about the foam absorbs moisture every time the case is opened and can rust out the gun in a short time. Curious to see if this a concern among airsofters storing their "toys" in Pelican cases.

I'd be very surprised if the foam absorbs a significant amount of moisture, enough to cause any problems. You can purchase dessicant gel packs anyway like you would do for real steel items. :)