Let's see pics of your transport/storage set-up!

My current storage/transport cases

SDC10024.jpg

The rifle bag holds 3 primaries (in there atm is a M249 para, L85 and M4 CQBR)

The Dosko rifle case is for my VSR

The Dosko Pistol case holds all my pistols

The small pistol case is for whichever pistol I take to a skirmish

And for home storage, well you can see that in the background.

Edited by evansy
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it? I expected more. I'm up to 3x 1720s, 1750, 2x 1450s, a 1520, and soon to have a 1690 (that fits a mac pro/cinema display when my company sends me on location).

Old picture, but I've since added a spot for my PEQ, Aimpoint M2, Sling, and tools.

AR_Case.jpg

Oh god, Pelican cases...

From what I remember, Titleist used an extra long X-Acto blade.

Which is probably what I'll be using, too. (Unless any of you know of any better cutting methods.)

-Vic

Edit: http://cgi.ebay.com/100-PERSONNA-X-ACTO-AR...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Something like this, perhaps. Only I don't 100 of 'em...

Edited by Victory

You don't need a carving knife, that'll just tear the foam. An extra long #11 exacto blade (use it with a knife) will go through the foam like butter. I typically just use a chalk pencil, put the gun, mags, etc on the foam, trace it, then just cut it out a little smaller than the outline. It's better to have it more snug then having some play.

I usually just use a standard x-acto, but the ones Victory linked to will do the job. It takes about 2-3 passes down the cut to make it through, but it will go through like friggin butter with a sharp blade. X-actos are as sharp as scalpels.

I need to get a 1700 for my SBR in about 3 months, I could get a 1720 but frankly that'd fit the gun with the Suppressor attached, and HALF the fun of owning a real suppressed AR is taking it out of the case and ratcheting on the 'can'.

Oh, sorry. Peli must be wrong.

They may have meant a electric knife, but again that just leaves the foam melted, and can scratch the finish on some items. The best way is the simplest, lay your items on the foam, trace the shape (I use a chalk pen because it wipes off with some water), cut it out, and it's done. I find it takes an hour per case, so play some tunes and have fun.

Measure twice, CUT once.

They may have meant a electric knife, but again that just leaves the foam melted, and can scratch the finish on some items. The best way is the simplest, lay your items on the foam, trace the shape (I use a chalk pen because it wipes off with some water), cut it out, and it's done. I find it takes an hour per case, so play some tunes and have fun.

Measure twice, CUT once.

This is the tutorial I see most people linking to when pelican foam cutting is talked about

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&...2695&page=1