Let's see pics of your transport/storage set-up!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I keep my pistols in.  It's a Pelican 1500.  I might get another one or the 1450 for another 2 pistols I want to get.

I didn't do a very good job plucking out the foam some of the pieces are loose.  I got the idea from PianoBlack on ASB.

flv79x.jpg

157y82h.jpg

Edited by VLTORfan78
  • 3 months later...

CKinnerley, what rifle bag is that? And are the front pouches detachable? Have a similar one I picked up from Military 1st but the front pouches are buckle secured and I prefer the double zip as its more secure as standard and could be locked.

Edit: managed to zoom in on my phone and see its a Voodoo Tactical bag. Might have to order one of them at the same time as their holdall

Edited by Tw1tch

CKinnerley, what rifle bag is that? And are the front pouches detachable? Have a similar one I picked up from Military 1st but the front pouches are buckle secured and I prefer the double zip as its more secure as standard and could be locked.

Edit: managed to zoom in on my phone and see its a Voodoo Tactical bag. Might have to order one of them at the same time as their holdall

Guessing it's one of these you had?  http://www.military1st.co.uk/16193005-mil-tec-rifle-case-large-coyote.html

Voodoo make one that looks the same (I'd presume Mil-Tec cloned it) but I'd feel safe in saying you'll notice a significant rise in quality going to the VT case, a very worthwhile investment.

Most of my guns on the living room wall. 

Sorry for crappy phone pic :( (Edit: Oh snap, looks even worse in full screen - I'm gonna take another pic

Nice 10/22.  Wouldn't have the guts to run it that way myself given the mag capacity even with the extended, looks cool though.

Thought this would be the best place to ask this - I want a very affordable foam-filled hard case for my full-length M14 (>1.1m long) and had picked out SRC's as about the sort of quality and cost I'm after. Unfortunately, such is the epic length of the M14 that I don't think it will fit even the larger SRC (105cm) which is a bit of a problem. I want a Peli-style reinforced nylon case, not an aluminium flight case, and I guess it needs to be at least 120cm long, preferably 125 or so. If I was literally made of money I'd be looking at Peli's 1720, but since those cost about 75% of my outlay on the gun itself they're out of the question.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative?

Have you looked at plano cases, such as their all weather case?

That's the first uk one I found, shipping will no doubt be on top of that, but may be worth a look.

Edit, postage is a killer, just seen it!

If not, keep checking ebay for second hand peli cases. Ages ago, I got 3 1750 for £100 each delivered. If I still had them I would have offered you one for that price :)

Edit 2, looking around UK sites, plano cases are rather pricey, getting on for peli prices. They do make less 'tactical-looking' cases though, depends on looks really. like this

Cool costs money!

Edited by shmook

IMAG0416.jpg

LBT dead hooker transport bag, still going strong.  

IMAG0419.jpg

If it won't fit, I don't need it.  Hauled two SAWs with armor and LBE once, and still had room for my camping gear.  

I just need to find a 36x10" padded gun bag for the outside pocket; all of mine are 12" tall:

IMAG0417.jpg

Ah, man I've been tempted by those so many times.   Look like such a cool bit of kit.

I just can't bring my myself to buy another wheely case, the air force stereotype of rocking up everywhere with them instead of bergans is rife enough already.  Not that it isn't 100% justified and true, I just don't want to reinforce it any further.

ooh, we're posting Dead Hooker Bags now?

Dead%2520Hooker%2520Bag.jpg

It does have a lot more room for gear in it, but I just ran out of stuff to add that wasn't just plain silly.

/EDIT: CKinnerly: If it helps, my Norröna Recon Pack does fit inside the bag :P

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor

Since the gun room thread got brought back I guess we just make this the transport box/case thread??

11570286974_71757269ea_h.jpg

Did you get this in the UK ? if so who from ?

I saw the YouTube vid review of this (without audio as I was at work so if they slated it I blame that) on the front page here and it interested me, however when I looked round, aside from cost, the postage scared me.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Work in progress

After I'm finished cutting the foam it is gonna get a layer of Plasti-dip

both for gripping things better even thoug it is a snug fit already

but also from keeping the foam from getting smutthered and fall off.

20140826_032213.jpg

Just needs to cut out for magazines, PTW speedloader and a little but of tools