Question about Pelican Cases

Victory

As the title states.

Do Pelicans (1750 specifically) come with "Pluck"-able foam?

I can't find an answer.

Thanks.

-Vic

Edit: Alright, searching a bit more, looks like Pick'n'Pluck foam is not available in the 1750 series.

Can any of you suggest a case that's about 50x13" or so that has pluckable foam? Thanks.

Why do you want the pluck and pull foam? I personal like the regular foam. With regular foam all you do is trace your weapon then cut the foam. The pluck and pull foam doesn't get as tight as a fit as regular foam. And of time it with start to come off at the egdes of the weapon cut out, giving a even looser fit.

As far as I know the 1700 series does not have the pluck foam, it is the standard cut type (which I agree with blackops as being better) I have the 1700 and 1720 and almost bought the 1750 itself and all three have the standard cut type (see review bellow)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...2/cat/46/page/1

If you do want a case with pluck foam though I would advise still buying the Pelican 1750 case and then buy a pluck foam insert to put in the case itself (http://pelicanstore-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PS&Category_Code=Foam-Replacements)(find the size that fits yours best) as the Pelican case itself is about as safe a place as you can put your gun. I've had my M4's in those two in the review for about 6 months now and I would swear by their protection against water, dust and smoke (the cases are stored at a house where the occupants smoke ALOT and after inspecting the guns two weeks ago the outside of the case had an odor, as to expect, but the guns and internal foam was completely unaffected.

I don't mean to hijack, but I had a quick question, while this thread is still hot, regarding these cases. I've been looking into getting a 1700 for a while to hold two guns. Provided that they fit, I was wondering if the foam is firm enough to keep a CA249P (no boxmag) and VFC 416 from moving around inside? Especially because the '249 is rather heavy.

I don't mean to hijack, but I had a quick question, while this thread is still hot, regarding these cases. I've been looking into getting a 1700 for a while to hold two guns. Provided that they fit, I was wondering if the foam is firm enough to keep a CA249P (no boxmag) and VFC 416 from moving around inside? Especially because the '249 is rather heavy.

The foam will definitely keep those guns in place but your gona need to get the 1750 case, the 1720 will definitely not fit a 249 and 416. My 1720 fits two M4's almost perfectly with little room to spare.

I don't think that you can. Only that "deluxe" case SOPMOD kit on Pelican's website comes pre-cut. I doubt that they'd sell it by itself as it would defeat the purpose of selling a "deluxe" case. They may though, search around their website and/or ebay. Google doesn't turn up anything impressive.

Negative, you might get away with a stripped down m249p in the 1700 but it wont be comfy, bite the bullet and get at least a "1720" for the m249(be able to carry box mags and batteries) and a 1700 for the 416. Can just "barely" fit 2 m4's without optics or any accessories stacked flat top to flat top in a 1700.

The pelican case comes with a manual on how to cut the foam. I'd advise doing exactly what it says and using an electric cutting knife if you have one or an extremely sharp knife otherwise. Also get a decent chalk outline first then cut.

Oh. :mellow:

Sounds good. :D

I'll probably just use my MOD 875 to cut the sucker, then. That knife is nice and sharp. :)

Archived