VFC KAC PDW Review

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) Yes. The Magpul PTS M-Version PMAGs fit well in my Dboys PDW. 2) You will need a long-type motor. 3) Hopefully these will help...         -Ex

Awesome set up, going to be rocking it on Jan 4th? More sbr all around. Cameron with his m7a1, you with your kac pdw.

Gonna be using it this sunday the 14th. I need to get it field legal though. I still have not got the chance to snip some coils off the spring. The ROF is scary fast. Its actually unnerving.

Here are some pics of the "completed" gun.

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

Here are some pictures of the battery/PEQ setup. I attached paracord to the battery so it could be removed easily without damage. I also removed the deans plugs and used these super tiny bullet connectors found here..

http://www.rcslot.com/pc-radio-control-slo...rs/EFLA248.html

They are great for tight places and are gold plated.

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

The mosfet and battery was a tight fit but its in there...

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

Well, pretty much down with it, now its time to play!

Edited by Ukau

Ukau, thanks a ton of the pictures man.

If you dont mind, keep them coming, im really digging the setup with the PEQ-15, looks incredible.

How much room was there for the wiring btw? Was it a tight fit for the extra mm or two the signal wire for the fet takes up?

Some guns are stupidly tight in that area ie most ar15 variants.

why battery sling it when he has the battery in the peq 15?

Larger capacity battery. Although, when it comes to Lipos, I find that a 1300mah lipo lasts as long as a 2200mah NiMh/NiCd battery. Strange.

Personally, I'll either leave the PEQ-15 on the left side so that it won't be noticeable to anyone looking at it, or if I like the look enough, put it on the top rail with a Aimpoint M3 with a KAC Cantilever Mount sighting over it.

Good pics Ukau!

Ukau, thanks a ton of the pictures man.

If you dont mind, keep them coming, im really digging the setup with the PEQ-15, looks incredible.

How much room was there for the wiring btw? Was it a tight fit for the extra mm or two the signal wire for the fet takes up?

Some guns are stupidly tight in that area ie most ar15 variants.

Everything is tight in the PEQ unit, but it fits. IMO a mosfet is mandatory with a lipo. I played with the PDW for 1 day without the mosfet and there is significant wear on the trigger switch. The trigger response is crisp"er" with a mosfet and the active breaking prevents alot of wear and tear on the gearbox. It took a few hours to get everything nice and secure but its worth it.

VFC just came out with a Uncle Mike's Push Button QD style mount: QD VFC Tactial Swivel Mount ( Short Type )

This is specifically for the VFC KAC PDW's lower receiver attachment points but will probably work for any Push Button QD Mount. So instead of butchering a real QD Push Button Mount, you can just buy one of these.

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't think to include that with the VFC KAC PDW by default... but then again, for only US$10 at least they made sure to keep it inexpensive.

Also available separately:

* VFC PDW Grip

* VFC PDW Folding Front Sight

* VFC PDW Silencer

I wonder if they had to modify the inside of the PDW to make enough space for the battery? I'm not entirely sure how else they could have achieved that result without doing so. :huh:

I would think so, seeing how Ukau had a hard time fitting in stand-in cells. Maybe a simple email to ra-tech can answer our question.

Edit: According to their product listing.

Product:

VFC KAC -PDW with RA-TECH Li-Po battery

1.Battery installed.

2.Major modified.

3.Include VFC rear sling attachment.)

It seems to be modifications to fit the lipo because of the fact that they had to state they will install the lipo as part of the package. At least we know it is possible.

Lipo picture.

Edited by Reincarnation...