VFC KAC PDW Review

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) Yes. The Magpul PTS M-Version PMAGs fit well in my Dboys PDW. 2) You will need a long-type motor. 3) Hopefully these will help...         -Ex

• 3 weeks later...

USMC Corps, I think those pictures have made me decide to take the plunge. Gah, the gun is just beautiful. Couple questions though. What is the difference of barrel length between having the longer barrel installed and the shorter barrel with the silencer? Also do you think the bump on the mags would prevent using them with Fast Mags, what exactly does the bump do?

USMC Corps, I think those pictures have made me decide to take the plunge. Gah, the gun is just beautiful. Couple questions though. What is the difference of barrel length between having the longer barrel installed and the shorter barrel with the silencer? Also do you think the bump on the mags would prevent using them with Fast Mags, what exactly does the bump do?

The longer barrel is definitely shorter than the shorter barrel + silencer setup. By how much? Not sure. But you could most likely leave the longer barrel on the gun, install the shorter barrel + silencer and roll with that.

I think the bump on the mags won't be a problem with Fast Mags. The PDW mags can be used in M4s, and M4 mags fit in the PDW. Using the PDW mags yesterday, I noticed that they are a little slimmer from front to back than a regular M4 mag, so you should be GTG.

Thanks, how do the PDW Mags feed? Do you perfer them over standard STANAG mags or PMAGs?

They feed fine. Though unless I plan to specifically use it for the entire day I tend to just grab the PMAGs and use those so if a gun goes down I don't have to switch out all the mags too. They look right in the gun, but black PMAGs will work in a pinch.

They're also much cheaper than the PMAGs too. If you buy from RATech like I did, they cost US$16 each, and if you spend over $200, S&H is free via Express Mail (gets to you in less than a week). You don't have to pay sales tax either. It's pretty awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

RATech now lists their Battery Adapter/Modification Kit that allows you to install the lipos on the inside of the rail the same as their modified PDWs.

It's list as: RA-TECH adapter tools of li-po battery (Item no:RA-Agent-Electric-VFC006)

So if you bought one of the standard VFC KAC PDWs without this modification, you can now buy it separately from RATech and install it yourself.

The kit includes:

1 x RATech 7.4V Lipo 1600mah 15A battery (a great battery with a great ROF. Has no trouble with my 400 fps spring)

1 x Custom Outer Barrel (similar to the stock one but modified to be slimmer than the original to make more space for the battery... Does NOT change the look of the gun)

1 x Barrel Mount (perhaps the more important piece of the kit, this is CNC'ed from a block of aluminum billet and is a modified design that functions similar to the original but make more space for the battery)

1 x Pair of bullet connectors (one of the smallest varieties of battery connectors out there, these work in areas where space is limited ... Just be careful to not let your battery's male and female connectors make contact).

Price is $100 (which in my opinion is very reasonable for what you get) *

* From what I recall, purchases over $200 have free shipping to anywhere in the world ... so you may want to combine orders with other local players to save some coin. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi guys.

This little gun is really pleasant.

Can I ask a pic of the beast with an M4 mag (or Pmag) in the gun ?

I'am so curious to see what it look with.

i can get you a picture of it in a week or so

Anyways, thought i ask

does anyone want to order the RA-tech internal lipo kit with me? ($200+ orders are free shipping)

let me know, thanks

:P

Hello all,

Hope someone could help me...I'm trying to take out gearbox from the lower receiver. I try and managed to opened till this step :

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd100/G...DAxMjIuanBn.jpg

Then I stucked.

Need guidance....

Tx all

You see that triangular metal plate right above the trigger in that pic? You bend the center piece away from the body slighty then slide the metal plate towards the rear of the body. There's another pin that you will see that holds the gb in place (it's the pin at left-most part of the triangular metal plate in the pic above the trigger) just pop that out then you're done! Took me a while of fidgeting to completely disassemble too

Edited by ninja828
You see that triangular metal plate right above the trigger in that pic? You bend the center piece away from the body slighty then slide the metal plate towards the rear of the body. There's another pin that you will see that holds the gb in place (it's the pin at left-most part of the triangular metal plate in the pic above the trigger) just pop that out then you're done! Took me a while of fidgeting to completely disassemble too

tx alot sir...it helps alot

As requested piccies with an M4 mag, excuse the quality as they were taken with my phones camera.

PDW with it's own mag

gallery_20400_1124_29850.jpg

PDW with an ICS 450rnd M4 mag

gallery_20400_1124_2171.jpg

Comparison shot of mags, left to right - PDW mag, G&P Mid cap, ICS 450rnd Hi-Cap

gallery_20400_1124_25960.jpg

Hope that was what you were looking for guys.

• 4 weeks later...
RATech now lists their Battery Adapter/Modification Kit that allows you to install the lipos on the inside of the rail the same as their modified PDWs.

It's list as: RA-TECH adapter tools of li-po battery (Item no:RA-Agent-Electric-VFC006)

So if you bought one of the standard VFC KAC PDWs without this modification, you can now buy it separately from RATech and install it yourself.

Seeing this right now makes things much better for me, as I recently picked up a stock PDW from AEX, and was somewhat worried about the lipo fitting. But after seeing this I now know what I have to do. Can't wait!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

...I see quite a number of you purchased the PDW - several months have passed ...how have you found it? any problems or is it still running as well as it did when you first got it out of the box?

Can we have some feedback from you...for those of us who have not bought one yet !! :D

Hi Guys,

...I see quite a number of you purchased the PDW - several months have passed ...how have you found it? any problems or is it still running as well as it did when you first got it out of the box?

Can we have some feedback from you...for those of us who have not bought one yet !! :D

Since I've bought my PDW, it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.

I love it so much that I use it as my primary in virtually every airsoft event I go to.

I can't stress the build quality and performance enough.

Its light, compact size makes it incredibly maneuverable and the excellent VFC insides enables it to easily compete in terms of performance with other high end AEG's on the field.

Hope that helps!

-Shin

PS: My attempt at the KAC PDW Poster:

KACPoster-helmet-pic-01resized.jpg

In the field: (best picture I could find)

HSP-pic-01.jpg