VFC KAC PDW Review

The only problem I've had with mine is BB's fouling on the top lip of the flash hider, this left a small amount of plastic which caused the follwing rounds to over hop and shredded some of the foam rings inside my silencer. This isn't the guns or VFC's fault, it's purely mine, I should have used better ammo as the bore on the flash hider is very tight, so ###### or incosistant ammo can foul on it and cause the above problem.

Aside from that and the rediculous price for spare VFC mags in the UK, it works like an absolute dream and the ROF on a 8.4 mini is amazing to say the least, several players couldn't believe I was using an 8.4 and not a 9.6 :D

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) Yes. The Magpul PTS M-Version PMAGs fit well in my Dboys PDW. 2) You will need a long-type motor. 3) Hopefully these will help...         -Ex

• 2 weeks later...

Beast, I suggest you take your questions over to the Dboys KAC PDW thread.

Possible solution: Look up into the magazine well. See the wires? Make sure they are positioned so that they aren't being crushed by the magazine and preventing it from locking into place.

Edited by Gigueand

If you're in anywhere in the USA except for Cali, you can buy directly from KAC:

http://www.knightarmco.com/shop2/index.php?productID=308

The reason why you can't buy directly from KAC if you're in CA, is because a few months back when the ATF updated the firearms ban list for certain states like CA to include the KAC SR15E3 IWS, they f#cked up and just put KAC by mistake. So rather than fix the ban list, KAC simply can't export any of their products to CA. They have told me in no uncertain terms that I can have a billing address in CA and have the products shipped to an out of state (non-CA) shipping address which I can then have the other sender reship to me. And that'd be 100% legal so long as it was a CA approved item (i.e. no high cap mags, or SR15E3 IWS ambi lowers).

In the meantime, OperationParts has been getting them (they sold out when I bought their last three :P). MSTN also has them in stock, however you have to email them directly to ask for it as it's not listed on their site right now.

You're in Michigan so I'd just order direct from KAC if I were you. They have them in stock for sure right now and it's just easier that way.

I'd like to move outta here, but I got to stay where the work is. And for me, working on Hollywood films for the last decade ... I've gotta stay here in SoCal. Or move to Canada and give up ALL my guns! :X The latter of which ain't ever gonna happen though. :)

Ok, in which case, I will come down there for college, and then you can loan me your guns :P

LOL ... You can come by and check them out but I'm not lending any of my $1000+ guns out to anyone anymore and that includes my teammates. It's just too stressful for both them and me. That's not to say I don't have some kick *albatross* loaners for people to use ... just that they didn't cost me over $1K to build. ;)

Seem like VFC watched and listen to the market. VFC KAC PDW (DeluxeII) comes with a PEQ15 instead of the earlier PEQ2 now. One less thing to buy for some people.

...also a QD swivel now <_<

----

QUESTION/ NEED HELP:

I am having a minor issue with my VFC KAC PDW.

After getting it serviced at AEX for a broken nozzle and (I believe) piston head, the PDW still randomly has 1 bb curving high up on either the right or left side when fired.

The hop up unit does not seemed damaged and I am using the stock CQB length inner barrel that came in the DX1 kit.

Any help/ input would be much appreciated

thanks

-Shin

Edited by luvs2shoot
...also a QD swivel now <_<

I bought one recently when ordering the RA tech lipo barrel kit from WGC, it's lasted a grand three skirmishes <_< , last Sunday I was stood talking to team mates when suddenly the PDW dropped off my chest and landed on my feet, upon inspecting it I noticed two the ball bearings have disappeared which caused it to drop off, not really impresssed since my ICS one has supported my M4 for well over a year with no issues.

USMC - That hand stop is really asthetically pleasing, off hand, do you know if I could get one shipped to the UK?

USMC - That hand stop is really asthetically pleasing, off hand, do you know if I could get one shipped to the UK?

I don't think any stores that currently stock them will ship to the UK or anywhere else in the world per ITAR regulations. A VFC one is probably just around the corner though.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the reply USCM.

Has anybody split one of the mid-caps for theirs yet? I have one mid which will only accept 68rnds, I had a look at stripping it down but only got as far as removing the top feed and spring/follower, It looks to me like they do split, but can't see an obvious way of doing it, bar brute force that is ;)

• 1 month later...

I haven't had a problem with any of my VFC midcaps spliting, just the one that won't take over 68rnds, I've now relegated it to my last back up mag.

I'm a bit concerned about the fact they are glued and won't split without force, especially as they are quite expensive in my neck of the woods if you get it wrong :(

Edited by wolfspider
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great Corps!

A question for all you PDW owners out there; Would you say that this gun is well worth the price? I've been in the market for a PDW for sometime now and I don't know if I can justify spending such big bills on a gun (everything is soooo expensive nowadays :( )

For the price, I'd give the DBoys PDW a good hard look over before deciding. It's externally not quite as nice but if money is a concern, it'll certainly do in a pinch. Personally I think the DBoys engraved PDW looks fantastic but I seem to recall a few buyers complaining that the paint has flecked off, which I have yet to experience with my VFC one.