VFC KAC PDW Review

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) Yes. The Magpul PTS M-Version PMAGs fit well in my Dboys PDW. 2) You will need a long-type motor. 3) Hopefully these will help...         -Ex

ive not seen a vfc but people do say they are finished better.

i got the dboy with laser/engraved markings, which are nice,

not had any paint flaking of. i have been over it and thread locked

all screws, and lubed the external moving parts. shimmed the upper

which now feels like the body is one piece.

out the box it was shooting at 450fps, but the shop kindly snipped

the spring back to a consistent 328fps.

gearbox has bearings through out, and the spring is short but stiff

so assembly is simple.

i couldnt justify the price jump, but if you can get a hold of both to

compare the vfc probably would come out better.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a quick question for you guys..

I have my VFC PDW here and I popped off the upper to take a clean out the barrel and hop-up and do a barrel swap, and now I can't seem to get the upper and lower to close up for the life of me.

I've made sure the hop-up is in the right position, the wires aren't sticking out or in any precarious spot, and all the other precautions.

I know it must be something stupid simple that I'm not doing correctly, or maybe I'm not used to going back to an AEG after having quick swap PTW's.

Is there a certain trick that you guys have found that makes closing up the gun any easier?

Thanks for the help farras. :)

Arghhh...still can't get it. Here's what I do:

1) Start sliding the upper on the gearbox portion

2) Connect the wires (You have to have the 1st step done before connecting since there isn't enough slack to connect the wires first)

3) I move the upper back on the gearbox until it stops sliding freely.

From there I figured it's a problem with the Hop-Up, so I align the Hop-Up and slide it back a little bit to see if it's engaging the nozzle.

It always been engaging the nozzle so far and that's as far as I can get. (Without having the problems below)

I managed to get it closed about 5 minutes ago but in order to do that I had to get it at that farthest lined up point, and tap the gun on the carpet with a considerable amount of force.

Once I had it closed, the selector lever was abnormally hard to rotate and the gun jammed after a few shots. When I went to take it back apart, I needed a buddy's help to pull the upper and lower from each other.

Any other advice would be appreciate guys, I can take pics of certain parts if you need some visual aides. :)

Roger that whudafuxup. :)

Well I got the upper on.

The problem was partially due to wiring in the wrong spot and not realizing how much force was needed to pop that last inch of upper receiver over the gearbox. It wasn't quite as much force needed as before when I did the carpet tap, but it was much more than I thought this AEG needed.

When I get the courage to pop off the upper again and swap barrels I'm going to try that method whudafuxup. It seemed during my first hour or so of trying (LOL) that manipulating that charging handle a little bit would've made that process easier.

On the topic of Sling Swivels, which brands have you guys found to fit with any or no modification?

I tried the G&P two-packs for $12 and apparently the material on the bottom that holds in the retension spring is thinner than it appears...LOL.

Edited by jdizzle921
  • 2 weeks later...

On a seperate note, has anyone tried putting a Revo gearbox in the PDW yet?

I really would like to turn my PDW into a PTW junior with a Revo box. I don't really know much about AEG GB stuff though so I'm guessing there's something that will prohibit installing one. (I hope I'm wrong though ;) )

On a seperate note, has anyone tried putting a Revo gearbox in the PDW yet?

I really would like to turn my PDW into a PTW junior with a Revo box. I don't really know much about AEG GB stuff though so I'm guessing there's something that will prohibit installing one. (I hope I'm wrong though ;) )

I am not sure if it will fit however i do know, if you do get it in, you will lose the ambidextrous controls and the bolt catch mechanism.

I am not sure if it will fit however i do know, if you do get it in, you will lose the ambidextrous controls and the bolt catch mechanism.

Yeah, I figured that much. Oh well I guess beggars can't be choosers. I may end up giving it a try a little later on down the road though. We'll see. :)

I guess it is best to ask the question here but is that rear socket a QD socket? I hear it is a bit to large to lock in a QD button.

Which one are you referring to specifically?

The two on the back-end and the left side of the lower are both QD but they require the VFC type "Short-type" QD swivels. The one on the stock will take any type QD swivel though. :)

Which one are you referring to specifically?

The two on the back-end and the left side of the lower are both QD but they require the VFC type "Short-type" QD swivels. The one on the stock will take any type QD swivel though. :)

I know of the socket on the left side of the lower and the stock but I'm referring to this one:

vfc.jpg