VFC KAC PDW Review

I know of the socket on the left side of the lower and the stock but I'm referring to this one:

vfc.jpg

Yep, that's another swivel attachment point as well.

It's kinda dissapointing that they made everything on the gun ambidextrious (Selector switch, mag release) save for the for the sling attachment points. Oh well.. <_<

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) Yes. The Magpul PTS M-Version PMAGs fit well in my Dboys PDW. 2) You will need a long-type motor. 3) Hopefully these will help...         -Ex

Yep, that's another swivel attachment point as well.

It's kinda dissapointing that they made everything on the gun ambidextrious (Selector switch, mag release) save for the for the sling attachment points. Oh well.. <_<

Awesome, wanted to make sure because someone said that socket was made out-of-spec and is too big to lock in a QD swivel.

Loving my PDW but played urban assault MilSim day (uk) yesterday and felt a little out gunned and want to upgrade a bit.

Mainly play CQC/B so this is the first time I have used the gun outside. I had switched to the longer barrel that came with the gun for this game however the accuracy and range was a little short compared to the other AEG's.

Money is not particularly an issue but obviously I do not have money to waste as they say.

I have had a look at new tightbore barrels but cannot find the same length as the ones that came with the gun.

I am using 2 cell lipo at the moment.

New hops or anything else? I have not upgraded a gun before and I will need to keep the gun within cqb limits of 328 + 5% var with .2's.

I'd say give that Madbull hop-up a try. It seems to be the best one I've tried in my PDW so far and definitely gave me a great deal of range over the stock one. I think my gun fires 335 FPS with a .20 and I can hit man sized targets say 8/10 times that are about 40-50 yards away with the correct BB weight. (.25's or .28's)

Edited by jdizzle921

For all your VFC PDW owners out there, do your folding stocks have a bit of wobble when you have them unfolded?

I had the DBoys version and it did not have this problem, but on my friend's VFC version I noticed this problem. I am wondering if this is a fluke or if all the VFCs come like this.

Has anyone had an issue with the BB clipping the flashhider on this gun? If you've noticed, the Knight's style flash hider on this and the SR15-16 have a VERY small opening, just big enough for the BB to pass through.

I had a DBoys version and the BB would occasionally clip the lip of the flash hider.

But I've extended the inner barrel so it is only 8 mm short of the end of the flash hider (this time it's a VFC version flash hider). It's hard to know whether the BB will clip unless I pass hundreds of rounds through it.

Anyone have any experience with this? As in an increase in accuracy after you've removed the flash hider?

OK, so have anyone NOT had this problem with the flash hider?

I'm worried about drilling it out since the piece is made from steel. As it is, it is treated so that it doesn't rust. But if I drill it, it might start to rust. I live in Hong Kong where anything that can possibly rust WILL rust.

I have NOT had it yet. Put a few thousand rounds through mine with the 8 inch barrel setup with the original VFC Triple Tap flashider.

Once drilling it out you could always spray some sort of sealant on it, or have it anodized/parkerized. It would be pretty pointless and expensive though. :wacko:

Hey folks!

Would anyone have by any chance solved the magazine compatibility issue with the VFC KAC PDW?

I'm desperately looking for some real-cap or low-cap M4 type magazines to use with this baby but can't seem to come across anything too convincing.

Another bummer is the fact that the original VFC 120rd mags are really fragile and can't be opened up for cleaning purposes...

Cheers!

oDn

Just did some testing with my VFC Knight's style flash hider. The problem does not happen every shot, but one of every 4 or 5 shots will randomly drop out of the air like it got no hopup. I took the flash hider off and the problem stopped, so we all know the culprit.

I'm just not going to bother with the drilling, too much work and it ruins the look of the flash hider. For now, it's gonna have to be the Noveske fire pig!

Just did some testing with my VFC Knight's style flash hider. The problem does not happen every shot, but one of every 4 or 5 shots will randomly drop out of the air like it got no hopup. I took the flash hider off and the problem stopped, so we all know the culprit.

Noticed exactly the same thing with mine yesterday actually. I'm 'sure' it was fine previously, but it does have me wondering. Going to have mine drilled out slightly as well. What size drill bit did you guys use?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Reincarnation for the reply, but is it possible to use mini T's or deans instead?? cheers in advace

Sure just install whatever connectors you want to use. The only issue is when you are removing the gearbox from the body, the connectors will be too large to slip from body. Advise a method to tackle that issue and you should be good to go.

Well I was thinkin more of just changing the connector on the batt only to go wit the PDW mini T's so hopefully I wouldn't have to take it apart which I prob end up messing the whole thing up:) aslong the mini T's can fit in the tiny space in the RIS then everything should be fine, cheers Reincarnation for the advices

Stick with the bullet connectors since they allow you to keep a slim profile. The Deans connectors are bulkier and you can barely fit the bullet connectors as they are now.

As for the RA tech mod... it's nice, but for practical reasons I think having an external battery is actually quite nice. For one thing, it lets you have a bigger battery, so you don't need to worry about running out. And, you can remove it MUCH more easily. I like to keep lipo batteries easily removable and near non-critical parts of the gun in case of a lipo fire/explosion.

And these days they make REALLY nice battery box PEQs that also have green laser and LED capability, so the battery box can be quite useful as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really thinking about buying this gun as my next AEG primary. But I have some lingering questions:

1. How is the paint OVER TIME? I mean, does it scratch, change color over time?

2. Rust? For those who live in humid climates, or have gotten their PDW wet, how has it held up? Do you get any surface rust?

3. Overall reliability. What has broken for you all over the months and years? How often does it happen? And what batteries were you using when it happened

4. Stock wobble. Initially there is none, but does it develop over time as you fold and unfold again and again? If wobble does develop, how do you solve it?