Sign in to follow this  
Ukau

VFC KAC PDW Review

Sadly, the gearbox on my own PDW has decided to give up the the ghost, and now that I am getting ready to do a major replacement I am wondering  if there are anythings I need to bear in mind when selecting a box. 

I'm toying with a Systema Revolution but, not being a tech-head, I'm open to any and all advice any owner might have.

Yeah, I had to get one from WGC, no one in the UK had any when I wanted mine. I was told others would fit, but never tried, as I bought a few bits from WGC and just added it to the order.

Hi All,

What have you found to be the best tight bore barrel and hop up rubber combination for the PDW? I have mine since they first came out and I think it's time I treated her to a little TLC!

I've used a Madbull shark bucking and a cut down Madbull python barrel in mine since getting it upon release. I've kept the stock hop unit as it has worked fine for me, range has always been great and I've never struggled in woodland play.

I used a Prometheus 6.03 with the regular hop up rubber and it performed great! I tried a PDI W rubber but it didn't seat properly, probably due to the hop up unit's dimensions?

I don't suppose anyone has had success with putting one of those Prowin CNC hop units in one of these? I got one and it went in with no issues but the gun no longer feeds. Any thoughts?

Due to the fact the Prowin's mount onto the front of the gearbox it could be that you're feed nozzle is now sitting further forward into the actual unit itself.

Turn it upside down and look down the feed into the hop and see where the feed nozzle rests in-between shots. If it's sat too far forward it will not allow BB's into the chamber, which would give you the feed problems you're experiencing.

It feeds when I hold it upside down and drop BBs in, its just when it's having to take them out of the mag it's a problem. Weird, but I can just drop in the old hop system until I figure this out or someone recommends the perfect hop unit and setup for these things *hint*

To which I should probably add: I don't think mine came with the stock unit so I'm free to experiment :V

Edited by Forti