Walther WA2000 Build

dobey

In this particular version the pistol barrel moves very slightly compared to say my glock. The entire inner barrel will move about 3 degrees when the bolt cycles. It will work just like the pistol did before modification, semi auto, with the bolt locking back when empty. I will be moving the bolt (slide) release to the location it is on the real WA2000, and the cocking handles will operate the slide.

If you are a fan of the Wilson Combat pistol close your eyes.

Brand new out of the box, and I took it to the band saw and cut it in half, I felt a little bad about that:

pistol-001.jpg

pistol-002.jpg

I milled out a spot for it in the bottom rail:

pistol-004.jpg

Here is the frame of the pistol mounted up, 4 screws hold it tightly in place:

pistol-005.jpg

pistol-006.jpg

With the pistol mag sitting in place:

pistol-008.jpg

pistol-010.jpg

pistol-012.jpg

pistol-014.jpg

Now on to the trigger.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome stuff, such a beautiful gun.

I would however like to ask a question/favour of you: when you have it all working would you be able to give us an idea of fps/range on hfc gas? then again, it will be winter so propane in winter is about the same as hfc in summer right?

I just want to know for a project i have in mind.

I thought I mentioned it here but maybe it was on ASR... The WA2000's mag well holds the two springs (a coil spring for the hammer, and the leaf spring for the trigger mech) the magazine for the wa2000 will slide up into the mag well like a regular mag would, and is subsequently a mag well for unmodified Wilson mags. The gun comes with two 15 round mags already and the owner can purchase as many as he likes and they will all work fine.

I'm really confused now. Is the "base" gun WE or WA? With the exception of the bumper the mags look WE, but the box looks WA. The metal frame makes me think WE, but the trademarks and "brand new wilson combat" says WA.

What the hell is it man? :P

WE, I've got one the grips make you want to rub them all over your body. Nearly makes me like 1911s (but now we're starting to stray offside).

I have an idea, how about putting the springs inside the receiver? like an M14 trigger mech, the hammer spring would be pinned to the spur/ upper part of the hammer and pinned to the receiver, and the sear and trigger spring would be parallel to the receiver floor. That way, the magazine shell would be more simple to machine and the user can take the whole mag out when reloading for realism, or press a mag release to eject the pistol mag on the faux mag case.

The magwell is already finished, I just didn't get pics up yet. I did not go with a TM because the owner didn't want one. I picked the wilson because it was all metal, would fit where I needed it to, and was solid as a tank capable of withstanding the butchering I was going to do to it and still work.

TM and WA arent the only 1911 manufacturers mate. Its simple, the owner didn't want a TM (probably had a bad experience with one or something), so then Dobey had to choose between the rest, which he did, hence using a WA.

P.s. Since I'm here I might as well comment on the project. I think its an absolute beast of a build, and because it involves some fine wood in the construction I think it does look amazing already. Speaking of which, I think we're all wondering how on earth this has progressed so darn quickly, seriously fast work Dobey.

The owner said don't use a tm, made some suggestions, I went to a local store that had a large selection and inspected about 14 different guns, found the wilson had the characteristics I was looking for and so chose it. As far as performance goes I never really cared about brands at all, I don't care about aftermarket parts at all, I just make what I want. You should see my kjw ruger mk1 pistol that shoots 750 fps, stock springs and all. These things are very easy to get performance from if you have the tools to make the parts you like.

Did a bunch of work on the trigger and safety today. I wanted it to be as close to the real thing as possible. Here is a diagram of the real steel parts from the German owners manual:

trigger-007.jpg

Here is a breakdown of the trigger group:

trigger-001.jpg

trigger-002.jpg

You can see the spring loaded screw on the remote lever, this adjusts trigger play, there is another screw to adjust the spring tension of the trigger so it is fully adjustable to be heavy or light on the pull, and with up to 1/8 inch of play in the trigger.

trigger-004.jpg

You can see here how the remote lever simply pushes the original trigger of the Wilson:

trigger-005.jpg

trigger-006.jpg

On to the magwell next, the gun fires now from the WA2000's trigger, and it can be adjusted to sniper level trigger pull with ease.

Wow. The level of detail is amazing.

I would have personally not used a WA because of the way the gas system closes the valve to the barrel as soon as the BB leaves the chamber, where as a Marui (or clone or most other brands) should stop routing gas to the barrel only after the BB leaves it completely. But I'm not paying for it or building it, so it doesn't really matter what I think. :)

you said the owner didnt want a TM pistol (which would have made this whole project about a bajillion times more useable when its finished) but then you said you picked the wilson.....so which is it?

I originally thought about using TM, and I did find one suitable, but I decided against for reasons I won't get into. Then I mentioned a KWA, Dobey got the Wilson. I have no problems with the choice he made. As a matter of fact, I think it was a better choice. If anything breaks, I can probably just send it back to him, and he can probably fabricate new parts. It's not like he's in another continent, he lives maybe a little more than an hour from me. Only thing keeping me from bothering him and looking over his shoulder is my work schedule ;) .

Also, don't forget that this is a budgeted project, so I can't afford a new WA with a metal slide or TM with a metal slide, and I just don't trust a second hand gun for this kind of project. Things like a High Flow valve and stronger mainspring can wait. Let's get the gun shooting before we put a ###### load of upgrades in it :P .

The adjustable butt plate ends up being 20 pieces (with the rubber pad yet to be attached). Here are all the parts individually:

Adjustable-stock-003.jpg

Major components assembled:

Adjustable-stock-004.jpg

And here it is all together. The butt plate will slide up and down, and in and out of the stock making it fully adjustable:

Adjustable-stock-005.jpg

Adjustable-stock-006.jpg

Adjustable-stock-007.jpg

Archived