New Marui Products

RacingManiac

Something here to clarify you folks on the new M4:

The entire reciever , outer barrel, RAS, and buffer tube is made of aluminum diecast.

Battery is of course 1300MAH Nickel Metal type

Hicap is 430 rounds and standard is 82

GB is ver.2 modified so that theoritically it can be upgraded (much to speculate here, but reporter says ver.2 I think it is limited)

Gun is designed to stop fire on last round and bolt catch needs to be pressed. Charging handle is functional. Recoil and shock engine is used as well and reporter says it has a very aggressive recoil compared to previous models released.

And its patented so any company who tries cloning will probably get skewed.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The metal receiver is great news to me (not forgetting all the other awesome features), as that's the main thing that puts me off TM M4s. It's not their first metal receiver though, as I have their Type 89, which is an awesome rifle with a full metal receiver & a very sturdy feel to it as a result.

Innovation & advancement in airsoft technology... that's what we like to see ^_^

As to the reporter's comment about it being a modified V2? Seems unlikely, as the blowback engine seems to grow out the back of the gearbox - looks like it screws in, so a new gearbox shell would be needed at the very least. Let's hope the rest of the internals are stock V2/3 though, which was the case with the Type 89 happily. I'd also be surprised if you could retro-fit it to an existing M4, because of the blowback tube exiting the receiver where a single bolt/cable routing would go.

With regard to the backwards compatibility of the mags, I wonder if it's beyond the capabilities of the aftermarket crowd to make an adaptor to make your old mags compatible? Insert the adaptor in the magwell, and enjoy all your old mags... perhaps with the mag-out bolt stoppage disabled, depending on how it works?

I find it pretty hard to see the backward compatibility with the magazine on this new M4 Mikeiw. However if conversion kits are available or even custom make one your own, I would sure love to make this use the 9mm magazines.

Yeah but considering how quickly that can be changed I cant see this being a huge issue :)

The fact that you can quick change them looks great, but I was referring to the fact that they're totally proprietory and aren't of very high capacity.

Considering that players will probably need 2 or 3 batteries per gun I can see there being a shortage.

You know the batteries are probably basic AA or CR123 size Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. This means anyone can actually take the plastic casings apart and use a higer MaH battery instead right? I think a lot of third party companies will make higher power batteries for this. Only thing that prohibits this thing is that the battery is built into a 8.4v package, so adding another cell will make the battery not fit in flush unless you change the entire battery configuration. Just my thought..

I find it pretty hard to see the backward compatibility with the magazine on this new M4 Mikeiw. However if conversion kits are available or even custom make one your own, I would sure love to make this use the 9mm magazines.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying... some bright spark somewhere could probably pull it off :)

Doesn't look like a whole lot of recoil there to be honest, but fun none the less!

As for backwards compatibility of the magazines. They look like totally new mags. Putting an old mag in might work (unlikely) but you'd have no working last round feature and the mag would be an inch or so to short in the magwell. If the replica is good, it'll be worth the new magazines.

I'm not a big fan on the battery cover. Would have made more sense to me if it slid off downards/upwards, rather than being pulled off.

As much as its good to have clones.

It ###### me off that someone comes and talks about cloning the gun before it comes out.

You have no respect for the company that did its hard work on this innovation.

And its rude, like saying, oh its great, I hope someone rips the company off and copies it!

Save your comments for later!

Excuse me, I don't want to start a flame war, but TM isn't some god you sacrifice fellow airsofters to. It may be true that they have the patents first, but who has released a recoiling M4 aeg first?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ooCqmlQz7_A

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IsGHVTuL3kA

Thats right, a Filipino. He only released 30 or so units a few months back, but it was way before TM made theirs. In addition, if you've seen my older threads, I've been trying to develop and research a recoil mech that is more realistic than the TM offering and recoils before the BB leaves the barrel to increase accuracy, and use regular TM mags and still have a last shot bolt stop. Now that would be innovation. Not only that, if you strip the gears or piston, good luck trying to find a replacement.

Besides, I just want to mod my own AEG, as I don't want to buy a $500+ replica if I don't have to. Not like I am going to do a whole illegal cloning operation. So what, TM spend X amount of money and one airsofter mods his gun to have recoil, by their means or otherwise? Its not like I am going to kill the company's profits by not buying their gun, regardless of how much they spend on R&D.

Hey DesertFoxRomel! (been awhile too~)

Ironically why TM has made the SOPMOD M4 is because the Japanese market emailed the company requesting they wanted a metal M4 with blowback and bolt catch.

Once every airsoft manufacturers want to make a better gun that suits the current market, the gun tends to reach it's peak point in functionality. Performance is always the last thing in the airsoft product.

Many people favor fullmetal guns, blowback, bolt catch, trademarks, compatibility, and finally performance/reliability.

I find it very ironic when people say who released whatever first when a different company already had a patent before. Having a patent will mean that a prototype was already made and it was proven that it works fine or needed slight tuning. True that TM didn't have thier gun on sale first before anyone else, but that is also because of the high demand in quantity for the units.

It won't be very long before most chinese companies will have thier own version of blowback as standard in most rifles to keep up with the trend. And probably BOYI will copy the new M4 gearbox anyways regardless of patent, but what's also important is the product's marketing, distribution, and quality of the rifle which will affect the overall standard of the company and the gun (a clone Type89 was on sale, but it wasn't as popular because of the gun itself and lower demand because of the 3 rnd burst.). Once TM puts this on sale and see how well it does, TM will (actually is making plans for newer AEG Blowback Guns), start to put newer rifles on the market and make it a standard so third party companies will make new parts as well.

It all has to do with how well this sells (and if it will sell well in the US/Europe) that affects the market of clone guns with blowback, third party custom parts if gears break, and newer blowback guns.

I am actually still waiting for the newer models though that needs to go from paper work to prototype.

It does look very tempting, I'd pay they extra buck for this thing to be honest. As by the time it hits Uk selves I will probably want to buy a new M4, having had three previously, only have one left at mo and thats a Jing jong and serves me well. Its good to see the father of modern airsoft making (well trying) to come up with interesting features to keep us happy.

I'd love a blow back P90....

Paging FarEast to this thread please.

It's a shame those mags are likely going to be proprietary. I'm comparing the magazines in the picture to the MAG AR mag sitting on my desk, and they look different.

I'm really curious about the upgrade potential - new types of springs, hop up, etc. This is an exciting development, and I look forward to more news about it.

You know the batteries are probably basic AA or CR123 size Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. This means anyone can actually take the plastic casings apart and use a higer MaH battery instead right? I think a lot of third party companies will make higher power batteries for this. Only thing that prohibits this thing is that the battery is built into a 8.4v package, so adding another cell will make the battery not fit in flush unless you change the entire battery configuration. Just my thought..

I don't think it is 8.4v because this picture makes it look like an even number of cells.

http://www.militaryblog.jp/usr/lagunshop/m4_7.jpg

So it would either be 7.2v or 9.6v

I would guess 9.6v because it most likely shoots around 310fps like the gen-2 M4A1 I bought and perhaps it needs some extra juice to move the extra mass of the recoil weight?

Hell, that is just a guess.

EDIT: Oh, also, did anybody notice that fully mocked up version there with surefire grip, aimpoint, and some kind of PEQ unit? Is that a black PEQ-15 I see there?

Hey Mig1,

I am quite sure you are right on! Battery is even as you say so it is likely a 9.6v. A 7.2v won't be able to push too far in a gun with blowback so the 9.6v is the correct battery. The photos from LA GUNSHOP is quite small to read the packaging. This is still good though. :rolleyes:

I can say for sure that PDI will be releasing the basic parts for this gun.

Doesn't look like a whole lot of recoil there to be honest, but fun none the less!

As for backwards compatibility of the magazines. They look like totally new mags. Putting an old mag in might work (unlikely) but you'd have no working last round feature and the mag would be an inch or so to short in the magwell. If the replica is good, it'll be worth the new magazines.

I'm not a big fan on the battery cover. Would have made more sense to me if it slid off downards/upwards, rather than being pulled off.

The TM blowback AK looks utter wank in all the videos I've seen but until you put it into your shoulder and pull the trigger you find out that the recoil ain't half bad :) While it's no great kick it's enough to give you the feedback and jolt the gun around.

Hopefully we'll start seeing recoil enhancement kits and the like a few months after release.

Having a bolt stop system for me is worth new magazines :) Shame I'm not a big fan of club stocks though, I'd have preferred a li-po in the foregrip.

The limited bolt travel makes me sad though :(

I'd love a blow back P90....

That would be something interesting if it was a GBB, well even an Blowback AEG would be great too.

It's also noteworthy that the SOPMOD M4 does come with COLT M4 trademarks to begin with so you don't need any third party metal body trademarks. Plus I'm sure because of the Aluminum construction of the gun it will weigh in just as good as a real M4 too.

Just looking at that link to LA Gunshop (translated by Google) and it says the battery is a 8.4V1300mAh one. Don't know if they've this right (hope not) but it could be a 8.4v like Marui usually use, the 'extra' cell sitting between the 2 legs maybe?

But yeah I am soooo getting one of these! Wonder when they're being released?

TM FTW! This TM M4 just made #1 on my to-buy list. I'm glad I didn't jump on the WA gas M4 bandwagon. Great feature on the LMT SOPMOD stock, working bolt release and not firing after the last BB. This will be expensive but worth it. Or just wait a few more months for the China clone-oh noes!

Wow you can actually see it gong backwards!

and the toptech doesn't recoil that much and has a different blowback system

An EBB P90 would be pretty hard to make wouldn't it? and if you did do it it would be extremely back heavy

A clone of this would probably have a heavier recoil weight though so the ROF would decrease

has there been clones of the TM AK74MN yet? With the same gearbox/recoil engine and all?

BTW 54800 yen was the same price AK74MN came out with in Japan, and look at the price for it now...if it will start at $540 USD it certainly won't be for long...

We will just have to wait and see.

Im excited about this because of the potential impact it could have on the market. The one thing that airsoft lacks right now is any kind of "firing experience". There's no feedback from the rifle other than the satisfaction of watching a bb head down range. Granted, thats enough in its own right but alot of people want more, myself included.

In regards to the bolt not moving, i honeslty dont care about that. If the bolt didnt move at all i would be completely satisfied as long as the rifle had feedback. I dont watch the bolt move when im firing my real guns, nor do i watch it on my airsoft guns. Suspension of disbelief, if i FEEL like im firing some sort of real firearm its enough for my brain to tell me wow, im having fun!

Archived