TM MP7

darkchild130

Hello, ive been told that replacing the fuse on my MP7 with copper tubing will increase the fire rate. Im no the most technically proficient airsofter so i was wondering if anyone could help me:

A. source the appropriate copper tubing (UK based)

B. Replace the fuse by means of a guide.

Any help is appreciated.

Darkchild

Dunno about copper tubing but you can get to the fuse by removing the top ris rail that runs the length of the mp7.

Be wary that one of the three allen head screws isn't real!!! I think the real ones are the frontmost and backmost but i'm not 100% sure :P

yeah i notice the one in the middle isnt real, at first i thought it had just worn down! Thanks man, i bought it second hand without a manual so i didnt want to risk breaking anything.

Now i need to find a supplier of small copper tubing.

Darkchild

I normally remove the fuse in all my (electric) guns but my MP7 is the only one I'd not do it on.

Spare motors are still non-existent so it's not worth the (slight) risk of burning it out.

If you want a higher ROF then there's a couple of options;

1. There is a Li-po pack that'll go into the battery compartment, which will give you a higher ROF and lots more shots per charge. Can't find the topic at the moment but one member that's done it is 'Greg', there may be others, have a search.

2. Fit an external pack, either in a pouch (on a sling or on one of the side rails), or in a PEQ box, with an adaptor kit.

I made my own but they're not expensive, if you can find one.

MP7 external pack mod...

If you must do it the other way though, you can get a length of appropriate sized Brass rod from big hardware stores or maybe a model store.

I'm not convinced however that the fuse is the limiting factor in the MP7.

If you can't find any, give me a PM and I'll make you up a dummy fuse out of brass rod.

I could try it in mine and see if there's any difference first.

As if by magic. :D

The lipo battery is a Flightpower Evolite 20C 7.4v 800mah. Don't be put off by the low sounding voltage or it's minuscule size.

It gives a similar performance to an 8.4v 2000mah minh.

Simply nick the connectors off the stock battery & transplant it over.

If unfamiliar with lipo, read up to learn how easy they are.

If you want to get into it more, you can re wire, including a mosfet but this is a polava & you don't get a huge amount more.

& as Doc says, in this particular case, keep the fuse. ;)

Greg.

Ok i will look into the Lipo option and the battery sling option.

Is swapping the connectors from the stock battery difficult? I have limited experience with stuff like that but im guessing its pretty simple right?

thanks for the help.

Also, Docv400 i would be interested to know if the ROF changes due to a brass rod fuse if you are going to try.

Darkchild

Ok i will look into the Lipo option and the battery sling option.

Is swapping the connectors from the stock battery difficult? I have limited experience with stuff like that but im guessing its pretty simple right?

Darkchild

Well, I think it's easy, but I'm kind of handy.

Greg.

...Also, Docv400 i would be interested to know if the ROF changes due to a brass rod fuse if you are going to try...

I found my old original battery earlier whilst looking for something else (funnily enough) so I'll charge it up sometime, if I can find the charger cradle :rolleyes: .

As I mentioned though, I doubt the fuse is the (high resistance) 'weak link' in the MP7's circuit, as it can be in other AEGs.

I've decided to got the external battery route. I priced it all up last night and Li-po batteries + charger/balancer + li-po sack = more money than i want to spend at the moment.

I decided to get the external battery kit for the MP7 instead. £20 and i can use the battery sling + all the 9.6v mini batteries I already own.

This thread has definately sparked an interest in Li-po batteries for me though and i will definately buy some in future.

Darkchild

Surely the fuse is in there for a reason?...

Hooray someone realising about fuses :D

As I've said before, its not worth removing the fuse its in there to be the weakest point. If something goes wrong then the weakest point will fail. Without the fuse in place then some other part will be the weakest and that will fail. If you want to remove more resistance from the circuit than the fuse has, change connector type to Deans from tamyia/mini tamyia

The fuse is primarily there to protect the gun's circuit...from numpties who just keep pulling on the trigger when the gun stops firing/makes horrible noises/starts smoking, etc ;):P

The circuit will only flow as much current as the highest resitance section will flow.

So if you just fit Deans plugs, you'll only see an improvement if the fuse has lower resistance than the Tamiyas.

That's as I understand it at least...

Archived