Police send Granny G36 in post by accident!

1st_shooter

Saw this in the paper a few days ago though it deserved a laugh but police sent a granny a G36 in the post by accident, luckily it turned out to be a training weapon only, but it still made me chuckle!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/P...rset_By_Mistake

Ps to any bungling officals please send my G36 to

Alex James

Edit: pic of the parcel!

article-1093544-02C2E7D0000005DC-11.jpg

Im guessing from the hookups its something thats used on a sat' range

Assistant chief constable Adrian Whiting, of Dorset Police, said: "Because this item isn't actually a firearm...

I dunno, looks like what the VCRA would call a Replica Imitation Firearm to me....and its reassuring to see that I'm not the only one who would have stripped it down for the cosmetic/practical bits :D

Saw that article at work, and thought "Yes please!" like everyone else on here! Would be fun to have a look at, never held a real G36 before. Not quite as fun as a live one, even though this one was once real. Probably on its way back from being permanently converted into a simulator piece.

Ahh, poor old Dorset Police, nowhere near the funding Thames Valley gets! The Firearms officers round here use the same sort of simulator that the gun here hooks up to, but with a rather nice compressed air recoil system that cycles the action of the gun. That one looks like it just... does nothing when you fire it, the huge air line normally hooks up to the grip. Great fun to play around with, kinda like the worlds most advanced arcade game :P

• 2 weeks later...

I love how everyone could have had big mssive rants over parcelforce and police blundering in sending some poor old dear a G36 (which in todays climate must've scared the **** out of her), but instead we have a drooling session over the spare parts ;-) God bless arnies :P

I love how everyone could have had big mssive rants over parcelforce and police blundering in sending some poor old dear a G36 (which in todays climate must've scared the **** out of her), but instead we have a drooling session over the spare parts ;-) God bless arnies :P

oh sorry we were ment to rant :P

rite parcel farce are rubbish and screw everythin up and poor granny being scared s**tless

but look at the optics :D

oh sorry i spoilt the rant

Mike

For once this wasn't parcel farce's (or who delivered it) **** up. The bloke in the place it came from put the wrong post code on the box and thats what delivery companies go by, although the delivery bloke probably could have read the whole address

Nick the sights for an airsoft gun,, see about getting some decent railed carry handle to replace the integrated optics carry handle, build a battery pack for it, and open up my own laser tag stadium to raise money for airsoft. thats what I would do, because that way I can play laser tag with the most realistic laser tag gun ever, and get my airsoft/gun addiction fix pretty easy, too.

I'm trying to decide if I would rather have a gun like this sent to me by mistake, and police never finding out and me keeping it forever, or if I would rather win the lottery and join the army later to get my gun fix. either way, drools....

Shut up Rayden!

Ben.

• 1 month later...

Archived