Some of you may notice that we now have a new user group for the forum - 'Commercial User'

This group has been set up to help members (including us!) to be able to better identity the commercial users on this forum, of which there is now a considerable amount.

Hopefully this will mean that it will quickly be easy to establish whether a member is an independent member commenting objectively on a topic / item or a member with a commercial interest in a product / idea.

The user group has only just been implemented, so I will be adding members to the list on an 'as and when' basis (ie when I notice a commercial user I'll add them). If you want to help the matter by nominating members, please feel free to PM me.

As a quick side note, this term will also aid in the future detection of commercial entities posting without staff consent. As this is now on the increase, this should hopefully enable us to better manage exactly who is selling what in the main forum areas, and hopefully prevent any issues such as fraud.

Cheers!

Will this tag have any restrictions to those users like not being able to access sales section to poke around the private sales or is it just to tell you who's who?

Do these members still need to get permission to post advertisments and commercial sales or does this tag act as a pass?

Good question Dale. :)

There's no restrictions in terms of access to the private sales - the flag is just to help everyone know whether members are regular (I don't mean that in a bad way!) or commercial.

All users seeking to post commercially on the site will still need to seek permission from a member of the Global Moderator or Site Admin team prior to posting or risk sanctions.

After permission is given the user will be flagged up be moved to the Commercial User group by myself or Arnie. As a result we will eventually reach a point where, if a member posts commercially without permission (bear in mind I mean as in mass sale, rather than just trying to sell personal items), it'll be clear for all staff (including sales and off-topic) and sanctions will be easier imposed.

Basically the rules haven't changed for this, but the Commercial User group will make it much easier to see which members have been given an official recognition as been commercial in status, which will help both the site team know that they have permission to post commercially and regular members to know whether a member is commenting on items / ideas from a personal or commercial viewpoint. :)

Well I've been made a Commercial User and I say - GOOD SHOW! Mainly because through Arnies I made some noise, set out on a path and ended up recently securing a job in the industry!!!!!!!!

I also think it will straighten out one or two issues and enable - as said - Commercial entities to make open statements with regard to products/services and let everyone else know just where they are coming from. It will also give me some measure of protection should I be accused in future of any kind of preferential posting etc. I can say - "hey - I AM a commercial user after all! :) "

I will think all my posts out and whilst not officially representing my company on here will bear in mind the effect anything I post could have on said company. So whilst expressing my own opinions, I will keep them separate from the company line which will be given elsewhere in the appropriate forum.

Smart Move.

Vogel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.