• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

My light loadout for the GZ weekender, i've mugged off my plate carrier etc and stripped down to the essentials.

My trusty ancient Warrior 901 rig with an assortment of Warrior + Bulle pouches

weekenderloadout1.jpg

Whats in it. Namely mags, x8 monocular, radio (rarely used, normally switched off unless i need to locate friendlies), wolf eyes torch, bbs and spare batteries

weekenderloadout2.jpg

Belt kit, consisting of sidearm, extrema ratio training knife and more ammo.

weekenderloadout3.jpg

For hydration i will be using a camelbak.

Darkchild

Why not move the leg pouches to the rig, Darkchild? Plenty of room on it. But I am a person who likes everything on the rig. Operator(x3) preference of course.

You should get Ranger plates for the PMAGs. I got some and they work amazing in open top pouches. I like them because theyre abit smaller then normal magpuls.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

I keep my chest rig low profile for crawling. I like leg rigs.

I can draw and load my mags faster without magpuls of any kind (took me a while to figure that out but i can). The only reason i kept using them was to stop the elastic slipping from my open pouches. Then i thought

"Why not remove the elastic?"

So i did.

Darkchild

I guess its depends on the pouch and how tight they are. I reload way faster with magpuls with my Eagle rig pouches.(Which are very tight) Different strokes for different for, i guess. Haha

I like keeping things simple I suppose.I think magpuls would make mags easier to tug out when crawling. Imo, Magpuls are made to reload faster, you must be doing it wrong

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Without trying to sound big headed, after nearly 10 years as an infantry section commander/sniper/jungle warfare trained/covert recon trained/regular recon trained/armoured recon trained/airborne trained/advanced cqb trained etc etc soldier, i can assure you im not doing it wrong.

I simply change mags faster without magpuls. Even more so with the pmags, as the little lip on the bottom plate gives my fingers extra purchase when yanking them from their pouch.

And i dont actually think my rig could get any simpler without removing something i need.

Again, i dont want to come accross as big headed, i just point out my experience to illustrate that i know what works for me. Im not saying my way's good for everyone, but i like it :)

Thanks for your comments though, its always nice when someone shows an interest in what you're doing!

Will probably dress up next week when im bored and post pics of my setup.

Darkchild

Anyone have any pictures of their rigged up MOLLE LBEs? Mainly the Blackhawk or similiar versions.

Will have my Blackhawk one done up soon. I can describe the planned pouch layout. Just trying to bargain bin as much of it as i can

Planned used is for long scenarios out in the woods

4x HSGI Universal Pouches, 2 to each side front and center

2x LBT 1Qt canteen covers mounted 1 each to rear of the side panels

1 HSGI 2QT/Utility Pouch to uss as a buttpack or for canteen(depending on if i am toting my ruck)

Back Panel is empty so i can use a ruck and to free up back for breathing

Spec Ops Oporder Pouch on left side behind mag pouches

Spec Ops Large Medical on right side behind mag pouches

Emdom Strobe Pouch Upper left shoulder

Dont think ill have too much more room if any, no need to carry more than that really

That is essentially what i have planned, i need to find a way to beat up the LBE itself, the thing is so new and crispy I would say it was starched, maybe ill throw it in the wash cycle to soften it up. Need to replace floatation panels so its not 1.5 inches thick before pouches

Yes and Foxhound dont preach to people about how they run their kit.

Edited by Azulsky
Will have my Blackhawk one done up soon. I can describe the planned pouch layout. Just trying to bargain bin as much of it as i can

Planned used is for long scenarios out in the woods

4x HSGI Universal Pouches, 2 to each side front and center

2x LBT 1Qt canteen covers mounted 1 each to rear of the side panels

1 HSGI 2QT/Utility Pouch to uss as a buttpack or for canteen(depending on if i am toting my ruck)

Back Panel is empty so i can use a ruck and to free up back for breathing

Spec Ops Oporder Pouch on left side behind mag pouches

Spec Ops Large Medical on right side behind mag pouches

Emdom Strobe Pouch Upper left shoulder

Dont think ill have too much more room if any, no need to carry more than that really

That is essentially what i have planned, i need to find a way to beat up the LBE itself, the thing is so new and crispy I would say it was starched, maybe ill throw it in the wash cycle to soften it up. Need to replace floatation panels so its not 1.5 inches thick before pouches

Yes and Foxhound dont preach to people about how they run their kit.

What were you going to replace the foam with?

In my experience it doesn't like to fit unless you have foam or remove the back panel.

I'm still planning to get my hands on a RLCS once the opportunity presents itself, so why would I spend arseloads of monies on just another incorrect PACA...

It's not as though repro kit will give you AIDS, it ain't all as bad as what ebaybanned presents you ;)