• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

Looks really handy, doubt id be using it at the cadets (mainly because i dont use my molle kit when away with them) where did you pick it up from? how much? and does it come in Coyote?

Grim

Ive been using it with cadets for nearly 2 years :P its Warrior assault systems bought from uk tactical and yes it comes in tan :)

Safariland ELCS, courtesy of Mr Kevin Berry (keep getting awesome rigs off the man).

100_0953.jpg

Two 1x30 mag pouches

Two 2x30 mag pouches

Two enhanced 3x mag pouches with grenade pouches attached.

Two canteen pouches.

One large general purpose utility pouch.

Waiting on sustainment/dump pouch, shotgun scabbard and hydration option (not sure which yet).

As of now, I am going to be building and modifying a Ranger loadout as I get the funds to do so. I am endeavoring to be as accurate as possible, and any advice you have is welcome.

I have here an impression of the Rangers. It is by no means complete, I do know that. Tell me what you think! (Sorry about the webcam pics, my cam is on the fritz currently)

Kitlist (As of June 15, 2010)-

-Pantac MBAV (RG)

-Pantac MAP (RG)

-2x Pantac Double M4 Mag pouch (RG)

-1x Pantac 4-mag pouch (RG)

-1x Pantac Short Mag Pouch (RG)

-1x Pantac IFAK Pouch (RG)

-1x Pantac Admin Pouch (RG)

-ACM ACH TC2000 w/ Real Suspension and Bunny Ears

-USGI NOD Mount

-Unknown Brand USGI MICH Headset

-Oakley M-Frames

-Issue UCP ACUs

-Danner TFX Rough-Out Boots

-Cardboard Plates :D

-Eagle Industries MBITR Pouch (OD)

-ICOM IC/F21

Not Pictured/On Order/Soon to be On Order-

-1x Pantac MOLLE Dump Pouch (CB)

-Norotos 1-Hole Shroud (ACM, and yes, I found an ACM maker)

-Comtac IIs (Real)

-Blackhawk SOLAGs (Not a necessity, but I can splurge later)

-RLCS-cut Admin Pouch

35760_1402306214503_1137752987_31142709_3719975_n.jpg

35760_1402306494510_1137752987_31142716_409787_n.jpg

*UPDATE*: Sadly, I found a great deal on some Gen2 Crye pants, and I was forced to sell my Pantac EPC to fund the purchase. However, I should be able to buy an Eagle EPC within a week or two.

UPDATED KITLIST:

1st Line-

ACU Belt

Pantac 4-mag Pouch (RG)

2x Pantac 2-mag Pouch (RG)

Pantac IFAK Pouch (RG)

Pantac Double Pistol Mag Pouch (RG)

Eagle Industries MBITR Pouch w/ ICOM IC/F21 (OD)

2nd Line-

Sadly, nothing right now

3rd Line-

Camelbak Thermobak (FG)

Clothing-

Crye Gen2 Combat Pants (Multicam)

UnderArmor Tactical Shirt (Tan)

Belleville 790s

Head-

ACM TC2000 w/ Paint and Velcro, also with real suspension and pads

Revision Sawflys / WileyX SG1s

The WTB List, in order of priority-

EPC-RG-S/M

Crye Combat Shirt w/ Pads (Multicam)

Eagle Industries RLCS Admin Pouch

Eagle Industries RLCS Canteen Pouch

2 x Tactical Tailor Triple Mag Panel

Eagle Industries RLCS MBITR Pouch

Eagle Industries or Tactical Tailor SAW Pouch

2 x Eagle Industries RLCS FragPouch

EI MAP (RG)

Peltor Comtac IIs or MSA Sordins

Norotos 1-hole Shroud

Eagle Industries RLCS IFAK Pouch

Edited by Snowman1

nice RRV set up, I think just for the weight and balance that if you are acrrying real grenades, youd want to put them underthat general purpose pouch, they would sit better. Maybe put it on upside down down there for easier access to the GP pouch and the nades.

Thats an idea I'll give it a whirl later and see how it sits.

Very slick loadout and rifle, but I'd prefer a different BDU with all that OD-goodness :P

Heh, cheers, yeah I'm thinking perhaps the Crye combat shirt in RG to match the trousers, not sure yet. Used to rock a DPM UBACS which was really good, and the MC one is nice, but has a bit of an issue in that it lacks a collar, so the belt rig suspenders cause a fair bit of neck rubbing which is kinda painful. I'm thinking possibly a US Woodland UBACS if I can find one but it needs a bit of thought.

Blue Force Gear 10 Speed mag pouches, in RG in this case.

http://www.optactical.com/blfogetenspd.html

Very nice pouches, and probably I would say the most lightweight magazine pouch you can get, even uses velcro instead of press studs. They need a bit of wearing in to stretch the elastic slightly and WA GBB mags will rip apart and destroy the insides so stick to something else if you want to use your G&P WOC, also don't count on actually being able to re-insert mags while wearing your LBE. However, in terms of cost they beat the FastMag, HSGI's TACO and most other options by a country mile; they weigh basically nothing, they will never ever lose your mags (and I've skirmished that rig a couple of times already to verify) they're 100% secure in attachment despite the velcro, as easy to draw from and as low profile as it gets and come in lots of colours, as well as some camo patterns including MC.

My gear, some new stuff, some old.

EI RRV - RG

EIRLCS2010028.jpg

EI / TSSI M4 Medical Bag

EIRLCS2010019.jpg

Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag

EIRLCS2010037.jpg

Both bags are stocked with medical supplies, reason I went with the black TT FRB is because I use it for work. Ill get more pics of my black EI / TSSI M4 when I get it stocked. Still a long ways to go, but hopefully it will all be done in the coming weeks if the funds go right.

My current setup, a mixture of old and new, the new pouches should hopefully look battered after a few skirmishes.

rig4.jpg

rig3.jpg

rig2.jpg

the rig is an old Warrior assault systems TMV in TAN that i sprayed and modified, the pouches are a mix of WAS, 5.11 and blackhawk.

As with all my loadouts, its all about practicality as opposed to looking pretty (except the patch :))

Darkchild

Looking good darkchild, any words about Warrior quality? :)

Having got plenty myself, and if you look at the amount of British military personnel using it right now in theatre, I'm sure DC would agree with me in saying it's really top quality kit.

@ DC: What exactly did you modify, looks like the QR buckles at the sides are an addition? Also, do you find having your water off-centre makes the rig unbalanced/uncomfortable at all?

Looking good darkchild, any words about Warrior quality? :)

thanks

I used Warrior pouches in Iraq and a RICAS Compact in Afghan and none of it ever failed me. Quality is generally better than blackhawk,on par with Tactical tailor, paraclete etc.

@ DC: What exactly did you modify, looks like the QR buckles at the sides are an addition? Also, do you find having your water off-centre makes the rig unbalanced/uncomfortable at all?

QR buckles are standard. I cut an inch from each shoulder and re stitched the seams to make the vest less bulky, if you look at the TMV on uktactical,WAS TMV

its very wide across the chest. So I streamlined it.

And no,I dont find the orientation of my water affects my balance or comfort.

Thanks for commenting:)

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130