• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

Decided to take a picture of everything I would use out on the field.

Only thing missing is myself, camo, and my Camelbak. But, I only bring the Camelbak on long field days. Water is heavy. dry.gif

LoadoutFinished.jpg

People have asked why I only carry 3 magazines. Truth is, I carry 6. Behold:

PMAGsPouched.jpg

Edited by Extraordinaire
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I couldn't really tell you to be honest, these are the first ones I've bought and they only came out of the packet on friday evening. The slight issues with the standard embroidered types of course are that they do fade/wash-out fairly easy from the sun and rain, and they can sort of 'unravel' if a small area of the threads suffers cutting/abrasion damage. Now, the PVC shouldn't suffer from any of that which is good, but I'm not entirely sure how they're put together; I'd imagine the words and images are layered on rather than them being cut from a single piece, so there's possibly a potential for them to peel away with time, but I'll just have to wait and see really.

CKinnerley-

The "Keep Calm and Carry On" patch is my favorite of those three you have posted. How do PVC patches hold up compared to embroidered ones?

-Piano

I have been running a couple of PVC patches, one from milspec monkey and other from Patch Union, both are holding nicely and getting a slight "dirty" colour, although I dont abuse my kit as much as other users may do, but my experience is that PVC patches hold as good or better as regular embroided ones :)

BTW: Does anybody any brand who makes PVC patches besides milspec monkey, patch union and britkitUsa?

Thanks

TADGear usually has a few, and I think Crye may have one...

I haven't seen TADGear do PVC patches, with the execption of their small tags and Ranger eyes. Honestly the MSM (as far as I know) stand up far better. Several of my red bearclaw ranger eyes have gotten extremely dirty and will not clean off compared to the MSN ones.

They used to do them, but upon looking at the new site, their patch selection has become rather...underwhelming. They used to do the black skull (or spade or teddy I can't remember) on an OD background and a few others, my ranger eyes are the really old style that are black ovals with the white glow in the dark TAD skull, those were the first things they did in PVC then they branched out, and then came back to.

There used to be a time I got all my patches from TAD, and all my favorites I have are from TAD with the exception of my DirkaDirkastan patch. I have a few Imperial logos both in the really old flag style (that always give people a chuckle) and the newer massive ugly thing that I didn't realize was quite as big as it is when I bought it....

I was also wrong about Crye, they no longer do patches apparently...

Edited by frogfish

From Lindnerhof Taktik of course :D

http://shop.lindnerhof-taktik.de/product_info.php?cPath=2_13&products_id=66

Their website has zero info and old pictures (gen 1, I have gen3). I had to email them asking for a quote and paypaled them for my orders. PM me if you want any specific info or pics of the system.