• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

I've got a 7 1/4 head and it's a touch tight, but tight enough that it dosen't come off, not tight enough that it cuts circulation. I have no idea why they put the velcro sizing strap on as there I can only see those with tiny heads needed to tighten the boonie up, and those would have to be youth/children. I've been wearing a woodland one for a while now (it's all ratty and beaten to hell so I'm replacing it), and I love it, was great for the weekend it hit 126F here.

unloading the car for some team practice

IMAG0358.jpg

3 EPCs

1 RRV

1 Predator

4 MSA MICH 2000s

1 Ops Core FAST

2 A-IIIs

1 Eagle RAID

1 TT 3-Day

5 ATS Warbelts

guns in cases are 4 ARs and 1 SCAR....with lots of RS optics and other goodies.

Twas a good day.

Edited by Sinner101GR
  • 2 weeks later...

not exactly tactical but these are my new boots!! eventually gonna create some sort of a contractor look

doesnt hurt that i work at millets and get 40% off :)

arnies1.jpg

new pair of goggles!! i dont really need these i just liked them, would be good to stick on top of a helmet or something!!!

arnies2.jpg

*snip*

WAS 'DCS' Plate Carrier

Undecided on mag pouches at the moment, it's a toss up between TACOs, Ten Speeds and ESSTAC with Kydex inserts.

hows the quality? and sizing please?

if poss, a quick pic of it on?

I second this, would like to see some pictures of it worn and any info/thoughts would be nice.

I think this would suit Ten Speeds and being kept as slick as possible.

*Also, while on the subject are there any UK retailers stocking BFG Ten Speeds in 5.56? Failing that where's the best place to buy them online/import etc?

Cheers

hows the quality? and sizing please?

if poss, a quick pic of it on?

I second this, would like to see some pictures of it worn and any info/thoughts would be nice.

Well, due to a myriad of factors this is unfortunately the best I can do right now, so horrific mypsace-esque pic coming up.

IMAG0321.jpg

It's riding high right now, but a load of mags and a bladder full of water will sort that.

Quality: I tend to be of the opinion that when making tac gear there is a certain 'ceiling' as it were with nylon gear. Once you've used 1000D cordura, mil-spec webbing and thread, double/triple/quad stitched everything, top notch 3D mesh, all IR compatible, ITW hardware, the best hook+loop you can get and all with a solid QC program... well you can't really do anything much more. All the warrior gear I own hits that ceiling, especially the most recent stuff and the DCS is no exception.

Sizing: This is not for the larger airsofter, it's the only piece of LBE I've ever owned that doesn't require me to adjust it down to the smallest setting (or beyond, as was the case with my RICAS compact) in order to fit me snugly.

I won't go in to all the details above that as I've got a review on the way. Sufficed to say, I think anyone in the UK who doesn't have a very specific reason to would be mental to spend the money on a JPC/6094/SOHPC/etc when this is available for £90. It's still not perfect, nothing is (even the apparently magical can-do-no-wrong EI/Paraclete), but it gets pretty darn close.

*Also, while on the subject are there any UK retailers stocking BFG Ten Speeds in 5.56? Failing that where's the best place to buy them online/import etc?

I reckon I'd have found one by now if there were one. Op Tac and SKD Tac are both very good retailers, but you will get stung hard up the *albartroth* on the VAT if you import from either. The chinese clones however do have good reviews, I'd check those out on EBB as a solidly viable alternative for airsoft use.