• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

Something I threw together on a whim: Basically a UKSF TFK load-out for Swedish winter. Hardly an impression, just think of it as a bit of fun. The jacket is a Helikon, which has been reported as seen with UKSF recently.

Sorry about the dark and *suitcasey* pics.

6tgtxz.jpg

fm2mqg.jpg

4t9id1.jpg

Edited by Corrigan

Well that entirely depends on your skirmish site and the games they run, doesn't it? Every standard site I've played in the UK, the games last between around an hour-1.5 hours on average, I always carry 4 midcaps on me and only get through 2-3 usually. Maybe he also makes use of mag pouches on a belt?

Anyway, I like your tactical pillows Jay. Good presentation, if a little flowery. :P

I look and look and I cannot understand how can you live with 3 mid-caps? I mean if we do mil-sim we don't go to safe-zone often. I would run 3 mags in some 10-15 minutes intense fighting!

Actually I use 5... 3 in the front, one in the other cummerbund pocket and one in the gun... I've been playing for 6 years now... and my experience and style of play determines that I never need any more per contact.

I'm usually either the team leader, doing all the shouting and planning or the first or second guy in the door... also known as the first KIA.

I think he mentioned it's for CQB. If the game is pistols only, we typically carry five pistol magazines.

Otherwise, I go to our CQB games carrying four low-cap primary with five backup magazines and I seem to do fine. My primary can only do semi-auto so that makes a difference.

Pistols not so much, but yeah I usually end up in the respawn zone after 45 minutes or so.

Well that entirely depends on your skirmish site and the games they run, doesn't it? Every standard site I've played in the UK, the games last between around an hour-1.5 hours on average, I always carry 4 midcaps on me and only get through 2-3 usually. Maybe he also makes use of mag pouches on a belt?

Anyway, I like your tactical pillows Jay. Good presentation, if a little flowery. :P

I actually used to have loads of mags on my belt, but as the years progressed less and less of them got used... So this is what's left....

... Yeah I'm not keen on the wallpaper too, but the other rooms are far worse.

Edited by Jay L.Macrae

Right, proper gear photo. The Warrior DCS I already had, the rest is christmas presents (95% from and to myself of course).

P1020653.jpg

Roughly moving from left to right.

• 5.11 Sabre softshell jacket
  • Specter Gear codura christmas stocking
  • PIG Hydro carrier (back of the DCS)
  • Source 2L Hydro bladder
  • Marz Medium utility pouch
  • ATS Small upright GP pouch
  • 3 x HSGI 'TACO' Single rifle mag pouches
  • SORD Field uniform jacket
  • Mechanix Winter armour pro gloves (for work, not airsoft)
  • Mechanix Originals (for eventual BF3 engineer kit)
  • 5.11 TDU Trousers in Tan
  • Grey Ghost Lightweight operator hat
  • Grey Ghost LiteLock assault pack
  • 5.11 TDU Trousers in MC
  • 5.11 Promotional cap
  • Helikon Field Parka in Camogram
  • VLTOR T-Shirt

+1 I WANT YOUR PANTS!

I've got Crye type knee caps stuffed in an old pair of BDU trousers, but they're way too baggy and the pads aren't always where they need to be. I ordered some ACU cut TDU trousers in woodland, and I'll probably wind up having some Velcro knee-tighteners sewn in at a local dry cleaners, but the stretchy stuff looks like it could be troublesome to add.