• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

Ah sweet, never looked at LBT before I'd always thought the stuff on their side would be insanely expensive for no apparent reason (mentioning no names). They do a 33oz between the 27 and 50 which may fit the bill ever better than the TYR. Going to have to spend a little time with a tape measure to make the final decision, then somehow make the military computer system tell me what my work e-mail address is so I can look in to that 20% discount.

The TAG option is quite possibly the right height which is good, but I'd imagine it's also 1000D which would somewhat defeat the object of how I've rigged up my Strandhogg unfortunately. Plus it's oddly square shaped, whereas my PC is cut exactly the shape of a SAPI plate.

For what it's worth, here is the TAG one moutned on my JPC replica

Certainly interesting, thanks for the reference material. I've had to rule out the LBT unfortunately since the Strandhogg is 12" tall and their pouches are either taller or much shorter than that. The Tyr is 11.5" which sounds about ideal, just have to do a bit of a comparison between that and the TAG now.

Anyway, I've done enough chatting for a picture thread, here's the results of my gear work for this afternoon:

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

uscm did this originally some time back and helped me out when it came to setting it up. Comprised of the SKD exclusive version of the HSGI UDHP (Universal Drop Holster Platform), then added a plain RTI wheel and extra mounting hardware from G-Code, and in this particular instance I've got the SOC Rig holster with a lower cowling for a P226 + Streamlight TLR-1. About as modular as it gets I would say.

IMG_0497.jpg

All my RTI kit together (minus one adapted SERPA and the MOLLE belt mount on my VTAC Brokos).

Edited by CKinnerley

Best pic i could get alone, its a WIP, casual/pmc/sf etc etc. Something is missing though and i cant work out what it is so sudgestions welcome, it really needs to just get scuffed to *suitcase* and dirty as fook, but everything is in the details and i think i need some more cheap bits.

Luke

post-2668-0-63608900-1343232080_thumb.jpg

Despite the impression it's easy for one to get from forums, you don't actually have to deliberately part-wreck your gear and put IR-stuff and CATs and medical shears on it to look cool. If you want to of course then absolutely crack on, but you've chosen pretty good kit, so if it were me, I wouldn't be worrying about it. That natural 'worn' look comes with just getting out to games, that's the best way to do it whether it's guns or kit.

Is it a normal ruck or does it hang diagonally?

I was pretty impressed with my arid FROG set, so when the temperate stuff came up in M-R for a decent price from an actual marine on the bay I thought I'd go with it:

IMG_0500-2.jpg

It's a pretty good camo for a lot of UK woodlands most of the year.

My new lighter weight lower profile kit, carries 7+1, hydro, air, 4x spare batteries, Comms and snacks.

picture snip

Looks great, I have been throwing around some similar ideas with a small pack, belt kit and maybe bandolier or small chest rig.

Just checking which pack is that? I used to have one of the SO Tech Go Bags but it irritated me that the loops on the body strap came off so easily (I even sent it back and they replaced it once) so I got rid of it. Sometimes use my Camelbak MULE but sometimes it would be good to carry something in it which doesnt fit, but not having to need such a big (and so heavy, 'bring it anyway' although I dont need it) pack.

Is it a normal ruck or does it hang diagonally?

I was pretty impressed with my arid FROG set, so when the temperate stuff came up in M-R for a decent price from an actual marine on the bay I thought I'd go with it:

picture snip

It's a pretty good camo for a lot of UK woodlands most of the year.

Jealous, I use either US woodland or MARPAT (later being team cammo) and would love a set in either of those patterns (or both to be greedy with an arid set to round it off haha)...Im going to have to keep a better eye out on that generic Internet auction site.

Here's my new Mayflower APC. The JPC just wasn't doing it for me.

P1020983.jpg

P1020982.jpg

P1020984.jpg

All my gear:

P1020986.jpg

-APC

-Tyr 50oz hydro

-BFG Helium Whisper Ten-Speed

-2x MRC kangaroo

-Tyr small radio

-BHI nomex and kevlar SOLAG gloves (more than 6 years old!)

-SKD PIG Drop Slider sling

Belt stuff is waiting for my backordered Tyr Tactical Gunfighter Belt.

-G-Code XST holster for USP

-EGL Loppy Mk.II dumper

-HSGI double pistol

-HSGI TACO

• Like 1

MARPAT works very well here too all year long.

I think it's the fact it's one of the few camo patterns that actually has a decent amount of brown. I've been saying for years now that brown is easily one of the best adaptive colour for various environments, and we see it a lot more than all the black that currently appears on guns/camo uniforms/boots/gloves/LBE hardware like buckles etc.

Jealous, I use either US woodland or MARPAT (later being team cammo) and would love a set in either of those patterns (or both to be greedy with an arid set to round it off haha)...Im going to have to keep a better eye out on that generic Internet auction site.

I've not looked too extensively I must admit, but as far as I can gather issued kit like this isn't ever offered to distributors from the original manufacturers (american apparel in the case of that set) so eBay is the only place to really pick up this kinda thing really.

The rifleman I bought that set from was just on his way off to afghan and it was all box-folded (i.e. in to neat squares) just like I used to do at recruit training. Then individually packaged in plasticised paper postage bags and then put in to a cardboard shipping box. Can't really grumble about that.