Pics of your Gear

I think it's the fact it's one of the few camo patterns that actually has a decent amount of brown.

Yup. MARPAT is -I'd say- about 40% brown, 30% green and 30% black and it works really well in light and dark situations. The neutral shades of the brown and green really are in the middle of the palette that you see in the forest, making it blend virtually with everything.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

Can you fit a broken down AR in the Hazard 4 bag? I've been looking at the Extended Go-Bag just for that reason.

If you are trying to stuff an upper in there go with the Extended Go-Bag, the Hazard 4 can barely fit a 10.5" with a SCAR hider on it. My plan if I ever run a spare upper is to make a scabbard for it and mount it to the side.

ff - I've only used a clone JPC and had a play about with a gen one for a bit but based on that the APC really doesn't feel any heavier, when worn it's no bulkier either.

I put this down to the APC's construction; firstly being 500D which isn't groundbreaking but how it's put together is smart and almost basic in how the various parts are layered.

You only have 1 piece of material between you and the plate, the velcro used on the closure/fitting parts is thin (not in a bad way, it still has plenty of bite), the front and rear cummberbund sections are layered on top of the plate pockets reducing the amount of material and meaning there's no folds of nylon/velcro. The cummberbund is thinner than the JPC design and if your are running it slick is way flat and light, but is far more flexible due to the 2 internal sections for plates/insert or 'roo pouches.

APCs sit high as well helping with mobility.

well I'm just curious where it would fall between a JPC and a CPC, I have both, but find the CPC is a bit much for my recent outings that consist of whatever fits into my kit box, but once overloaded the JPC sits rather oddly and wnds up hurting my back over longer periods of use, especially with plates and live rounds.

I couldn't really get my JPC to work for me, it felt to small. If you load it up for some DA task it pulls to much, with plates, water and stuff it can get to much. With the APC i feel i get a proper assault vest that can store all my junk, and still allow me to move freely and go into all the shooting positions.

My kit list.

Secondline

Mayflower APC DD.

EI Magpouch. AOR1

Crye smoke pouch. AOR1

Radio in cummerbund.

LBT x3 grenade pouch. AOR1

LBT Hydration. AOR1

Bucket

Ops core / Base jump (Paint job by Søren).

S&S V-lites.

VIP light.

ContourHD.

IR flag.

Uniform

Crye combat pants, Navy custom.

Crye combatshirt, Navy custom

Bates M9, Tan 8".

EI shell pouch for medkit, Khaki.

Misc

Invisio X5.

IR flags.

IR chemlights.

Oakley SI Assault glove.

Oakley M-frame.

CAT and aid kit

I couldn't really get my JPC to work for me, it felt to small. If you load it up for some DA task it pulls to much, with plates, water and stuff it can get to much. With the APC i feel i get a proper assault vest that can store all my junk, and still allow me to move freely and go into all the shooting positions.

That's exactly how I felt when I made the switch last month.

411569_10152010234690626_1305374456_o.jpg

Here is something i'm working on, not aiming for anything special. The nice postman is on his way with a leg panel, and a dump pouch. Will be getting a helmet next. And the picture is lying, the vest is really much darker.

Edited by Sgt.Grandalen

Grandalen, nice-looking kit. One thing I'd do with your patches is swap the IR US flag to the other sleeve, so the flag's canton is facing to your front. I think a MICH 2000 would look good with it.

My god. I'm a stickler for correct US flags, and I still didn't notice it. Yeah, the US flag is poised in a way which represents it being carried on a staff; if you were running, but viewing it from the flag's right, the star field would be facing forward as the flag blows in the wind. Therefore you need a reversed flag to wear on the right sleeve. Check out the example on my helmet a few posts back on this page.

Edited by cazboab

I've binned a bunch of posts that were completely off topic: suffice to say there is actually a "correct" way to display rockers and the US flag, if you're bothered about it *politely* suggest the right way, and if you're not bothered about it you don't need to post to say that.

Also the next person to use the words "walt" or "douche" in relation to another forum member wont be able to post for a while, 'kay?

• Like 1

Grandalen, nice-looking kit. One thing I'd do with your patches is swap the IR US flag to the other sleeve, so the flag's canton is facing to your front. I think a MICH 2000 would look good with it.

Thanks for the suggestion, and it has already been done :)